Sunday 5 June 2011

Lexie's Chain: The Twenty-Second Chain

Hello pals. Ow fings? Welcome to Week 22 of #lexieschain. Dis week it woz down to @kelsoterrier to make da decishun. So let's see wot ideas come in dis week:

@MarthaTheWestie Ello Lexie i duz say 'Travis - Sing' for da chain coz it has a banjo in it that duz sound nice (my brain hurt now-been finkin too much).

@borderpup Is difficult dis week, and that techno stuff is doing my poor ead in .... So I looked up The Grid and came up wiv dis ... I choose 'I Wanna be Free' by Toyah because apparently The Grid did record wiv Robert Fripp, he of King Crimson fame, who also dus appen to be married to Toyah!

@Tartan_Terriers This was a tricky one! Im gonna be (500 miles) by me first and the gimme gimmes why?.... ..cos daft punk have a track called the grid but we dont like it so the gimme gimmes are a punk band and we like them! Oh and we like this version of the song.

@DJLadyLexie The Grid also did a song called Face The Sun which is on da album 456. Annuva song wot is about the sun is Staring At The Sun by U2 who also as a number in they name (tenuous or what!)

And da winner chosen by ...... @kelsoterrier ..... is ....... @djladylexie (me again!) wiv:

The year: 1992
The song: Staring At The Sun
Artist: U2



Pals, is time again get your finkin caps on an send me (find out how on da guidelines page fing) the next link in the chain. Da winner dis week dus be pickin da winner next week and dat means you ...err ..... me!!! Ha-haaaa.

So, it's over to you! Email me: lexie at toxicpenguin dot com or DM me on twitter (@dogstoyevsky) wiv your link suggestion followin on from dis one! You has until noon (GMT) Sunday 12 June 2011. I also wants to tell you sometime they dussnt always seem to come frew, so double-check wiv me bout dat.

As a look on da right to see all of da links in our chain. Is gettin longer all da time!

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment