Monday 15 August 2011

Lexie's Chain: The Thirty-Second Chain

Hello pals.! Welcome to Week 32 of #lexieschain. I dus hope you still be enjoyin da game!  Dis week was down to @I_Am_Fuzzy to make da decishun. Fuzzy arksed me not to tell im who made da suggeschuns so he ad no clue who was who! So, now let's see wot ideas come in dis week:

@kelsoterrier
Song by Arcadia makes me fink of early 80's computer game ov same name. Game woz a space invaders type fingy where u had to shoot down da nasty alien invaders. U found urself shouting "invaders must die" at screen when u got a bit carried away ;-) Which leads me nicely to my linky of Invaders Must Die by da Prodigy. 



@border_pup
I choose 'Things Can Only Get Better' by D:Ream. Why? Because Arcadia also had a hit wiv Election Day, and "Things Can Only Get Better' was the Labour Party feme toon for the General Election in 1997.




@BunnersAndHarvs
Hidy pal! r seelecshion iz wish yOO wuz HERE - he dus tawk bowt hevn & hewl & he wuz playun geetar on da promise.




@zoetheborder
Desert Rose by Sting. Is for a few reesuns, one b/c I dus rilly like it. Two b/c he did sing backup on last week's winning song, "The Promise". Third b/c the name of Arcadia's album is "So Red the Rose". An I did used to lif in da desert!!!!! So I fink you can see der be so manee reesuns for picking dis song.




@djladylexie 
The Promise – was on the album So The Red Rose. I choose The Wild Rose by Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds n Kylie Minogue. Coz of da rose connection. He takes her down to the river where the wild red roses grow den kills her there because she is too beautiful to live.


@tartan_terriers
Hazel O'Connor - Will You as the members of Arcadia are from Duran Duran, we went back to the bands early days for this one...the band were a support act on Hazel O'Conner's 1980 tour. Good tune!!!




An da winner ... as chosen by Fuzzy is ... DJ Lady Lexie (dat is me!!) Woofhoo wiv The Wild Rose.

Pals, is time again get your finkin caps on an send me (find out how on da guidelines page fing) the next link in the chain. Da winner dis week dus be pickin da winner next week and dat means you .... err .. me!!! ha-ha.

So, it's over to you! Email me: lexie at toxicpenguin dot com or DM me on twitter (@dogstoyevsky) wiv your link suggestion followin on from dis one! You has until noon (GMT) Sunday 21 August 2011. I also wants to tell you sometime they dussnt always seem to come frew, so double-check wiv me bout dat.

As a look on da right to see all of da links in our chain. Is gettin longer all da time!

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment