Sunday 16 October 2011

Lexie's Chain: The Forty-First Chain

Hello pals.! Welcome to Week 41 of #lexieschain. Dis week was down to Kelso (@kelsoterrier) to choose da winner. So, last week da link was Knockin On Heaven's Door by Guns N Roses! Let's see wot ideas come in dis week:

@rettetkaninchen
Sisters of Mercy with "Temple of Love". Why? The SoM did also cover "Knockin on heavens door" in 1990. One year before GnR did their cover. SoM relased "Temple of Love" in 1983 the same year GnR got founded. 


@gizmogeodog
I dus believe dat I wud like to continue da heavenly theme so my selection fur dis week be da awesome Willie Nelson singin' one of da saddest songs dat ever be written "Angel Flying Too Close to the Ground." I have sent a box of tissues along wit it fur all da crying dat may be dun.


@bvfeyj (Tucker)
Sympathy for the Devil by The Rolling Stones. Why? Guns N' Roses is sometimes compared to early Rolling Stones and dey cite da Stones as a major influence of dey music. In 1989 dey was da opening act for da Rolling Stones at da L.A. Coliseum and in 1994 dey released a cover of Sympathy for the Devil. 


@bunnersandharvs
we dus been a thanking hard on dis linky fur knocking on heavns door - so we dus sayz da linky be 'help me make it through the night' caws dis wus sungy wung by Kris Kirstofferson who jus did happen ta be da star in da movie Billy n da Kid and da theme song in dat moovee was knock, knock, knocking on heavens door! so we dus be going wid dat one fur dis week even tho it is a bit mushy, mum says if we is goin ta heaven we probably need sum hep gettin frew da nitey nite too!! 



@djladylexie
I finking bowt dis one real hard. My linky dus be Feels Like I'm In Love by Kelly Marie. Why? Well Mungo Jerry did a reggae version of Knockin On Heaven's Door. Front-man Ray Doset also writed a lot of songs for famus people includin Feels Like I'm In Love for Elvis Presley. Elvis died before he could record it but Kelly Marie recorded it and ad number one it wiv it.



@diamondbertie
Guns n Roses Knock on heavens door was tricky, then this song started buzzing in my head.Why? Knocking plays a big part in both songs Knock Three Times by Tony Orlando. 




@borderpup
I choose "Love Cats" by the Cure, because Slash (who do be brilliunt guitarist in Guns 'n' Roses) has lots of cats! Not to menshun he does look pretty bonkers and so dus Mr Smith from the Cure .... I'll get my coat!


Da winner .. as chosen by  ... Kelso  ... dus be ......  Tucker ... wiv ... Sympathy For The Devil by The Rollin Stones. Congratulations ma pal!

So, is time again get your finkin caps on an send me (find out how on da guidelines page fing) the next link in the chain. Da winner dis week dus be pickin da winner next week and dat means you .... Tucker!!

So, it's over to you! Email me: lexie at toxicpenguin dot com or DM me on twitter (@dogstoyevsky) wiv your link suggestion followin on from dis one! You has until noon (GMT) Sunday 23 October 2011. I also wants to tell you sometime they dussnt always seem to come frew, so double-check wiv me bout dat. Errr ... oh and sometimes I dus accidentally delete em! Heeheee.

As a look on da right to see all of da links in our chain. Is gettin longer all da time!

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment