Sunday 4 December 2011

Lexie's Chain: The Forty-Eighth Chain

Hello pals! Welcome to Week 48 of #lexieschain. Dis week was down to @tartan_terriers to choose da winner.

So, last week da winning linky was Tie Your Mother Down by Queen. Let's see wot ideas come in dis week.
@i_am_fuzzy
my human saw queen in london (& saw THE queen in town, but anyway) in 17bf & one of the support acts was the alarm so my linky is 68 guns.





@wonderwinger
Right so, Tie your Mother Down by Queen got me thinking, what other activities one could do with one's mama: take her rabbiting maybe or perhaps rolling in something smelly. However, there don't appear to be any songs about such fun times... Then I had a sudden flash of inspiration "pwow"... Brian May & Roger Taylor appeared with The Darkness at the Hammersmith Apollo at the end of November this year. They performed Tie Your Mother Down together but they also performed my linky entry The Darkness' hit I Believe in a Thing Called Love. It's Christmas (nearly) so let's all believe in love, I know I do.




@terenceterrier
My linky to follow on from Queen’s “Tie Your Mother Down” is staying with the bondage theme and I am selecting “Tie Me Kangeroo Down, Sport” by Rolf Harris




@patchdacat
Link needed to follow on from “Tie your mother down” by Queen.  I shall use word Queen as link and select the track “God Save the Queen” by the Sex Pistols.




@kelsoterrier
Ok, this week was Tie Your Mother Down by Queen. At the Freddie Mercury tribute concert Joe Elliot of Def Leppard & Slash performed this song. Def Leppard were formed in 1977 which is the same year Tie Your Mother down was released as a single. Tie Your Mother Down is a funny title for a song so I have chosen a funny titled song from Def Leppard as my link which is the excellent Pour Some Sugar on Me.


@bunnersandharvs
we dus did chose Your Mama Don't Dance and Your Daddy Don't Rock and Roll rilly we dus did choose dis cause how culd ur ma dance if she wus tied down? dis is wot queen did last week! hee hee so iz simples....



@bvfeyj
dis week we stick wif mothers... "Mama Told Me Not to Come" by Three Dog Night.



@rettetkaninchen
Add it up from Violent Femmes - Why? The guitar riff of "Tie your Mother down" is inspired by the verse riff from T.Rex's song "Funky London Childhood". T-Rex most famous song is "Children of the Revolution". Violent Femmes covered this song. "Add it up" is one of their greatest songs.



@djladylexie
I has picked Scissor Sisters – Take Your Mama Out – why tie her down?!! Better to give her a good night out! Oh an Scissor Sisters are great live on stage just like Queen!


Da winner .. as chosen by ... @tartan_terriers ... dus be .... @kelsoterrier wiv Def Leppard's Pour Some Sugar On Me. Yay!! Well done ma pal!! Deja Vu!!!!
So, is time again get your finkin caps on an send me (find out how on da guidelines page fing) the next link in the chain. Da winner dis week dus be pickin da winner next week and dat means you @kelsoterrier!
So, it's over to you! Email me: lexie at toxicpenguin dot com or DM me on twitter (@dogstoyevsky) wiv your link suggestion followin on from dis one! You has until noon (GMT) Sunday 11 December 2011. I also wants to tell you sometime they dussnt always seem to come frew, so double-check wiv me bout dat. Errr ... oh and sometimes I dus accidentally delete em! Heehee. So good idea for dat is wot Tucker dus -- type DO NOT DELETE in the title! Ha-haaaaa - works though!

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow me @dogstoyevsky or #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment