Sunday 11 March 2012

Lexie's Chain: The Sixty-Second Chain

Hello pals! Welcome to Week 62 of #lexieschain. Dis week was down to Rosie (@rosieterrier) to choose da winner, a hard task this week wiv so many great entries yet again!

So, last week da winning linky was Both Sides Now by Joni Mitchell. Let's see what da linkies was.

@rettetkaninchen
Violet by Hole. Why? Hole covered Joni Mitchell's "Both sides, now" and called the song "Clouds" (that's the name of the album where Joni released "Both sides, now"). I picked Violet because it is one of Hole's best songs.



@djladylexie
I has chosen Howard Jones, No-one Is To Blame. Why? Well the Joni Mitchell song was in the filum Love Actually and is played in the scene where the woman (played by Emma Thompson) realises her husband is having an affair. Is very sad. Howard Jones song is about temptation and infidelity.


@bvfeyj (Tucker)
Last week Rosie gibbed us da beautiful “Both Sides Now” by Joni Mitchell. Dis week me say “My Father” by Judy Collins. Why? Judy Collins was contemporary wif Joni Mitchell and eben did cober “Both Sides Now” (Mom like her cober ob “Both Sides Now” eben better dan Joni Mitchell’s version! BOL) She recorded other songs by many other artists, but she did also write and record her own songs. Dis be one dat she wrote. She one ob Mom’s faborite singers, and Mom say eben today she can still knock it out ob da park. Dis one hab always reminded Mom ob her father and now dat he is gone it hab eben more speshul meaning for her. (me promise to do upbeat or funny song next week! BOL)



@maggietkat an @parkerskat
We love Joni Mitchell. She hung acround with Jaco Pastorious, and even brought in the rest of his band, Weather Report. My offering this time is now classic jazz fusion chart, "Birdland" written by Zaiwinul.



@diamondbertie
My choice is Glen Campbell's Gentle on my Mind. Why? Glen Campbell also sang Both Sides Now, and he sang so many wonderful songs, Gentle on my Mind is a lovely romantic song.




@bunnersandharvs
Well it sure has been sad wid da loss of pals like @highlandhamish and wid so many pals feeling poorly we jus thort it wuld be nice to have a songy wong dat made us smile. Why? Cus we dus smile when we thinks about r pals who is well, those who is not so well and those who is OTRB. And dat did get r paws tapping & we thorts of Mr Blue Sky by ELO. Why? Cus wen ELO did write da song it was cloudy fur days and den was sunny. And we did dus says we looks up in da sky and thinks about happy times and all dem pals wot we dus luv. Awwww.... Hey der Mr Blue we're so happy to see you and we knows you loves us too! Does it make sense, no but den wot da heck. *taps paws...the sun is shining in da sky. Der ain't a cloud in sight...* Let's go! Hee hee! 



@patchdacat
My linky for this week is “Leaving On A Jet Plane” by Peter, Paul & Mary. I closed my eyes & waited to get telepathic message & that song popped into my head. Now all you lexieschain entrants need to do the same to work out how it links. Tee Hee.


@terenceterrier
Last week’s winning linky “Both Sides Now” by Joni Mitchell was on her album called “Clouds”. Enuff of da sad linkies I say – let’s hav a jolly singalong wun for a change. My linky is anuva songy from the swinging sixties “Hi Ho Silver Lining” by recorded by Jeff Beck cos all clowdz are sposed to have a silva lining if yoo look hard enuff.



@wonderwinger
Firstly, congratulations to @Rosieterrier on her 1st #lexieschain win. Hurrah for you.
My linky this week is You're so Vain by Carly Simon. Why? Two reasons, James Taylor & clouds. Carly Simon used to be married to James Taylor. Joni Mitchell sang harmony with Carole King on James Taylor's version of You've Got A Friend. The lyrics of Both Sides Now refer to a feather cloud cannon where as Carly sings about clouds in your coffee.


The winner of the 62nd #lexieschain as chosen by @rosieterrier dus be .......... oh flippin eck!!! Is me! again. So sorry pals! Wiv Howard Jones and No-One Is To Blame. Ere dus be wot Rosie dun said:


Hello. I did be loving all of the songs and my sisfur and I disagreed but I do be choosing Howard Jones 'No one is to Blame'. Even tho it is a sad song I prefer to think of it as 'emotional' and I will sing it now when I do be into mischief!!

Mum wants to say somefink....... arrgghhhhh. Those songs do all be beautiful -my second choice was 'my father' ). Thank you xxx

Anyway is time again get your finkin caps on an send me (find out how on da guidelines page fing) the next link in the chain. Da winner dis week dus be pickin da winner next week and dat means dad!!!

So, it's over to you! Email me: lexie at toxicpenguin dot com or DM me on twitter (@dogstoyevsky) wiv your link suggestion followin on from dis one! You has until noon (GMT) Sunday 18 March 2012. Sometimes I dus accidentally delete em! Heehee. So good idea to type DO NOT DELETE in the title! Ha-haaaaa - definitely works though!

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow me @dogstoyevsky or #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment