Sunday 18 March 2012

Lexie's Chain: The Sixty-Third Chain

Hello pals! Welcome to Week 63 of #lexieschain. Dis week was down to me (represented by the Dad) to choose da winner again!

So, last week da winning linky was No-one Is To Blame by Howard Jones. A tough one we finks. Let's see what da linkies was.

@diamondbertie
Last week the winning link was "No One Is To Blame" sung by Howard Jones. This great song is of course about love and betrayed. Keeping to the theme I thought immediately of "Jezebel" sung by Frankie Laine.




@bunnersandharvs
Choozing dis week wasn't very eazy but den der is sum cleva paws pawticipating so well dun to da Lexie fur her win agin dis week! Da choicy we going wid dis week is Katie Melua - Blame It On The Moon. Why? First of all, da lady in da songy didn't rilly wunt to fall in love again and well she didn't have no one else to blame *whispas - we think she does rilly* but she dus go and blame it on da moon! Dat do be understandable to us paws cus when der isn't no udder explanshun fur something happening we dus says Mum, it must be da Moon's fault - hee hee and den we dus go howl at da moon der afta! BOL!
 



@patchdacat
Last week’s linky was by Howard Jones. 1n 1984 he released a song called “Like to get to know you well” which he said was dedicated to the original spirit of the Olympic Games. So my linky for this week is “Reach” by Gloria Estefan which was the song used in the 1996 Olympic Closing Ceremony.




@terenceterrier
Winning songy last week wuz by Howard Jones so fort I’d go for annuva Jones for the linky. Tom Jones ? Brian Jones ? Nah ! Let’s go wiv Terry Jones. He was in Monty Python’s Flying Circus and wrote “The Lumberjack Song” which is my linky.


@marleyterrier
As No One Is To Blame I c there is general amnesty for a week and I do be confessin that I Shot The Sherriff.



@bvfeyj
True to me word... me promised to pick an upbeat or funny song after da string ob sad songs so dis week me say "I Want You To Want Me" by Cheap Trick. Da linky ob course is dat boaf songs is about wanting. Howard Jones does say "You want her and she wants you"; eben tho the lyrics actually is a little sad (Cheap Trick say "Didn't I hear you crying" and "feel like dying" and all that) da song is pretty upbeat and kinda funny too. It always make mom smile and sometimes she dance and LOL. So dat is me pick for dis week.






@rosieterrier
I have a short and sweety linky today. Last weeks song was about temptation and the possibility of infidelity so this week I choose the opposite (ish)! Elvis Costello with High Fidelity.



@wonderwinger
Howard Jones' No one is to Blame was produced by Phil Collins & Hugh Padgham. Hugh Padgham has produced many artists from Genesis, to Paul McCartney to McFly. He also produced the albums Ghost in the Machine & Synchronicity for the Police. It is from this latter album that my linky comes: Wrapped Around your Finger.




@kelsoterrier
When researching the chain this week I discovered that Howard Jones used an analogue synthesiser called the Moog Prodidgy in a lot of his recordings I think this is a bit of an omen for me because it neatly links to one of my favourite bands The Prodigy who were named after this instrument! My link this week is, therefore, The Prodigy with Omen.


An the winner as chosen by The Dad dus be ...... @kelsoterrier wiv ........... Omen, The Prodigy. Dad say: is a no-brainer for im coz 1) he love The Prodigy and 2) the Synth link was superb! Oh an how can you not love the word Moog! Yay, well done ma pal. His second choice was The Lumberjack Song ;)).

Anyway is time again get your finkin caps on an send me (find out how on da guidelines page fing) the next link in the chain. Da winner dis week dus be pickin da winner next week and dat means you Kelso!

It's over to you! Email me: lexie at toxicpenguin dot com or DM me on twitter (@dogstoyevsky) wiv your link suggestion followin on from dis one! You has until noon (GMT) Sunday 25 March 2012. Sometimes I dus accidentally delete em! Heehee. So good idea to type DO NOT DELETE in the title! Ha-haaaaa - definitely works though!

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow me @dogstoyevsky or #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment