Sunday 1 April 2012

Lexie's Chain: The Sixty-Fifth Chain

Hello pals! Welcome to Week 65 of #lexieschain. Dis week was down to Briar (@wonderwinger) to choose. Last week we ad Tenacious D and Tribute. So let's av a look at dem now.

@terenceterrier
It was a very clever linky last week which arrived at the song track “Tribute”. I’m staying with the tribute theme. My selection this week is “Candle In The Wind ” by Elton John which was written as a tribute to Marilyn Monroe. It was subsequently re recorded as “Candle In The Wind 1997” with changed lyrics & was released as a tribute single to Diana Princess of Wales.



@bunnersandharvs
well done to da Briar on da winny win last week! Yay! So wot dus one go wid afta Briar's joicy -- hee hee! well, afta a bit of discushion and pawdebatin we dus gone with Abba - 'Take a Chance on Me. BOL! Why? Cus Jack Black dus said dey wus an influence on him and we thort it wus too funny afta all da devil wot stuff and hard moosic so we dun gone with and says - bapbapbapbapBAP, bapbapbapbaBAP! *I can't let go, cus I love you soooo* hee hee!! 


@djladylexie
Last week's winnin song Tribute was in da filum wiv Jack Black called Tenacious D and the Pick of Destiny. Now a pick dus also be wot is known as a plectrum wot dus be used for guitars. One of da most famous guitarists to use a pick in da world EVA was of course Jimi Hendrix. Captain Ed who dus be in da movie mentions he was on stage at Filmore East where Jimi Hendrix played. So ma choice for dis week dus be Voodoo Child.


@marleyterrier
we did see that Tenacious D do feature Jack Black. He of corse is wwell known actor and he was in fillum which did be tribyoot to music and records called High Fidelity. We see that song in that fillum was a tribyoot cos it did be celebratin achievement of someone...it be called We Are the Champions by Queen.


@bilbo_the_bunny (new pal!! welcome to da game)
My 1st ever suggestion for lexie's chain does be this...the song tribute by tenacious d did get me finking bout all the tributes anipals pays to another anipal when that pal does leave us to go OTRB. So then I thought about the song from Wizard of Oz - 'Somewhere over the rainbow' and that is my suggestion for all anipals who make tributes to furriends who is gone but not forgotten.


@patchdacat
My linky be "Paperback Writer" by The Beatles cos da man in last week's winning video linky "Tribute" sed he woz a writer.



@rettetkaninchen
Hi Lexie! My suggestion for this week: No One Knows from The Queens Of The Stone Age. The song came out in 2002 and Dave Grohl was drummer of QOTSA. The second link is Josh Homme. He is the lead singer and a founding member of QOTSA and played gitarre at the 1st album of Tenacious D. 



@diamondbertie
Here is a poor attempt , but hey I'm trying, very trying. Last week was Tenacious D and Tribute, which really made me laugh, I never heard of them before. My choice is I Want To Be Evil sung by Eartha Kitt Why? It's a very tenuous link because they outwit and overcome the Devil, here Eartha Kitt wants to be Evil to be a Devil.


@bvfeyj (Tucker)
Last week Kelso did pick @wonderwinger wif Tenacious D and dere song "Tribute". Now habbing not heard ob dem before me did look dem up and finds out dat when dey first started to perform live dey did cober songs by Bobby McFerrin. So me does suggest "Drive" by the amazing, multi-talented musical genius, Bobby McFerrin!




An the winner of da 65th chain ...... as chosen by @wonderwinger (Briar) dus be ...... @bvfeyj (Tucker) wiv ........... Bobby McFerrin an Drive. Well done Tucker! Bunners & Harvs was a close 2nd place so well done ma lovely pals for dat too. Nice linky. Champinship dis be ottin up!

I gonna post a mid-season table of results next week so watch out for dat init. An it's all to play for! I sorry I hasn't sent out prizes for last year yet ... is all mum's fault. She rubbish but we get that sorted soon.

Anyway is time again get your finkin caps on an send me (find out how on da guidelines page fing) the next link in the chain. Da winner dis week dus be pickin da winner next week and dat means you Briar!

It's over to you! Email me: lexie at toxicpenguin dot com or DM me on twitter (@dogstoyevsky) wiv your link suggestion followin on from dis one! You has until noon (GMT) Sunday 8 April 2012. Sometimes I dus accidentally delete em! Heehee. So good idea to type DO NOT DELETE in the title! Ha-haaaaa - definitely works though!

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow me @dogstoyevsky or #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment