Sunday 13 May 2012

Lexie's Chain: The Seventy-First Chain



Hello pals! Welcome to Week 71 of #lexieschain. Dis week was down to Kelso to choose. Last week we ad Idlewild and Living In A Hiding Place. So let's av a look now.

@patchdacat
The winning linky last week “Live in a hiding place” puts me in mind of the famous actress Greta Garbo who is famously associated with the quote in the movie Grand Hotel “I want to be alone” which in similar forms appears in many of her other movies. In relation to her personal life she loathed the publicity and similarly said “I want to be let alone”. So I choose the lovely song “On My Own” by Patti LaBelle and Michael McDonald.






@djladylexie
Kelso dun Idlewild, Living in a Hiding Place. Idlewild album The Remote art was launched in the US in March 2003 and dis evenchully led to them opening Pearl Jam's Riot Act world tour. They become good friends wiv Pearl Jam an also supported them for a one-off concert at Wembley. Pearl Jam also dun a song called In Hiding wot is linky for hiding AN for Idlewild. However, my favourite Pearl Jam does be Alive wot you might feel after you bin in hidin for a long time!




@terenceterrier
I hadn’t heard of group Idlewild before so I looked em up I sees dey iz Scottish rock band an hav a group member called Rod and annuva with surname Stewart. So I haz to go with a linky by the superstar rocker Rod Stewart who is very proud of his Scottish roots. I choose “Tonight’s the Night”.




@bunnersandharvs
Oh da Kelso is making us think *rubs paws* we dus be going wid da songy and says cus da Idlewild songy be about hiding we has gone with Adele. Why? One cus her name dus sound simalar to Idlewild ta us *snorts* not rilly but & two, da songy is 'Hiding My Heart' which dus be followin da songy wot Kelso chose so we dus say she put hur heart in da hidin place. 





@rosieterrier
Well done Mr Kelso-your song last week by Idlewild makes me think of JFK Airport cos dat used to be called Idlewild airport. My linky is 'Airport' by Guster. It do be a beautiful but sad song.



@bvfeyj
Last week Briar did choose Kelso’s linky “Live in a Hiding Place” by Idewild. Kelso did tell us lots ob stuff about Idewild- (band name, album name, & place in Anne of Green Gables) but forgot to mention or not know dat Idewild is also da name ob an amusement park! It is 3rd oldest amusement park in USA dat still in operation today and it right here in me own state! (Mom went dere when she was little!) So me linky is 1962’s “Palisades Park” by Freddie “Boom Boom” Cannon a tribute to annuvver amusement park dat did close in 1971. A roundabout linky me fink, but a GREAT song and a fun bideo ob da park & stuff! 



@wonderwinger
Well done to Kelso on last week's win with the fabulous Idlewild & Live in a Hiding Place.
The lead singer of Idlewild, Roddy Woomble is married to the bassist in the Glaswegian punk-folk band Sons & Daughters, Ailidh Lennon. Sons & Daughters third album: This Gift was produced by Bernard Butler. Bernard Butler was one half of Suede; the other half being Brett Anderson. My linky shall be my fav Suede song: Animal Nitrate.



@marleyterrier
for this weeks chain I did be finkin bout Idlewild. I found Idlewild was also the original name for JFK Airport in New York. And then I did fink about John F Kennedy and i see he has Centre For Performin Arts named after him in New York too. So i look up website for dat place ...and it say there that Singer-songwriter John Legend joined the Kennedy Center to launch “What’s Going On…NOW,” to mark 40th anniversary of lornch of Marvin Gaye's epic Whats Goin On. So that do be my chain dis week



An da winner ... as chosen by @kelsoterrier .... dus be ................... @terenceterrier wiv Rod Stewart - Tonight's The Night!! Yay well done Terence!! Nice linky.

So get your finkin caps on an send me (find out how on da guidelines page fing) the next link in the chain. Da winner dis week dus be pickin da winner next week and dat means you Briar.

It's over to you! Email me: lexie at toxicpenguin dot com or DM me on twitter (@dogstoyevsky) wiv your link suggestion followin on from dis one! You has until noon (GMT) Sunday 20 May 2012. Sometimes I dus accidentally delete em! Heehee. So good idea to type DO NOT DELETE in the title! Ha-haaaaa - definitely works though! 

I dus be on holibob weekend in Lyme Regis dat weekend but I dus ma best to do it on Sunday but might be Monday - okies?

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow me @dogstoyevsky or #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment