Sunday 22 July 2012

Lexie's Chain: The Eightieth Chain

Hello pals! Welcome to Week 80 of #lexieschain. Dis week was down to Terence to choose. Last time was The Police with Every Breath You Take. Let's see wot happened this week!

@diamondbertie
Last week's choice was The Police, Every Breath You Take. This time I went for the "police" connection, It has to be Gilbert & Sullivan's "A Policeman's Lot is Not a Happy one.



@bvfeyj
Last week @terenceterrier did gib us a brilliant linky wif da great “Every Breath You Take” by The Police & me is finking if you is watching someone like dat... every breath, every smile, every step, it probly help if you like da Who & can see for miles, so dat is my linky!  The Who - I Can See For Miles.



@djladylexie
Ok I say dis: The Police with Every Breath You Take. I go for . But why? Well .. The police dus stop people drivin cars when they fink they might be drunk and they dus breffalise em. So Police > Breathe > Old Bill > Breffaliser Test > Don't Drink and Drive. So ma linky does be Janis Joplin and What Good Can Drinking Do.



@parkerSkat
The last winner was "Every Breath you Take" by the Police. The song came out in 1983 and was featured in a movie, Risky Business, although the song was not included on the soundtrack album. Who can forget young Tom Cruise doing air guitar in his tidy whities? My favorite song from the movie is "Mannish Boy" by Muddy Waters.




@patchdacat
Last week the winning linky was “Every Breathe You Take”. If you breathe in then you blow out. My linky is “Blowing in the Wind” by Bob Dylan.




@wonderwinger
From Every Breath You Take by The Police I have decided to link Rockwell's Somebody's Watching Me. This song is about being paranoid that you're being followed. Lots of people mistakenly think that The Police song is about love but really it has sinister undertones; Sting wrote it about obsession with a lost lover & the surveillance & jealousy that follows. Disturbingly, he was divorcing his first wife at the time.




@bunnersandharvs (Harvs)
Hmmm first of all *high paw* to Terr for da win agin! So den, I been thinking wot songy is a suffishunt linky to da policy man, Stingy's toon so I make it simples. And da paw tapper I has gone wid is 'All I Need Is The Air That I Breathe' by da The Hollies.




An the winner dis week .... as chosen by @terenceterrier  ..... dus be  ........ @bvfeyj (Tucker)  wiv The Who and Miles and Miles. Yay!! Well done Tucker ma pal!

Now is time to get your finkin caps on an send me (find out how on da guidelines page fing) the next link in the chain. Da winner dis week dus be pickin da winner next week and dat means you Tucker.

It's over to you! Email me: lexie at toxicpenguin dot com or DM me on twitter (@dogstoyevsky) wiv your link suggestion followin on from dis one! You has until noon (GMT) Sunday 29 July 2012. Sometimes I dus accidentally delete em! Heehee. So good idea to type DO NOT DELETE in the title!  

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow me @dogstoyevsky or #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment