Sunday 29 July 2012

Lexie's Chain: The Eighty-First Chain


Hello pals! Welcome to Week 81 of #lexieschain. Dis week was down to Tucker to choose. Last time was The Who and I Can See For Miles. Let's see wot happened this week!

@marleyterrier
My linky this week did be inspired by the "miles" in Tucker's choice from last week. We did be spending the last few weeks watching cyclists goin miles and miles round France on their bikes and of corse we did be very appy to see Bradley Wiggins winnin. We know that Bradlee do be a bit of a mod and one of his favrit bands do be The Jam so we did be chosen "In The City" by the Jam cos this week we will be avin Bradlee and all the other cyclists in London for the Olympics and London be our city.




@diamondbertie
Here I am, having another try, last weeks' winner was The Who with Miles and Miles. My choice is Barbara Streisand's On a Clear Day You can See For Ever. Why? If you listen to the songs the words do their own linking.




@terenceterrier
Last week’s winner was The Who and “I can see for miles”. If you were looking up into space you would be able to see even further – indeed light miles away so my linky be “The Galaxy Song” by Monty Python.




@djladylexie
Well great linky wif The Who and I Can See For Miles and Miles … now dat song, in case you never knowed, is about the fact that the man is sayin he can see even tho he is a long way away that the woman he loves does be cheatin and runnin round wiv uvva mens. I wonder if her name was Sue? Coz you know, she ran around wiv every single guy in town. I chooses Dion and The Belmonts wiv Runaround Sue .. Better keep away from her!




@patchdacat
The winning linky was “I can see for miles” by The Who. If you woz on dis spaceship you would see for miles. This song woz used on the soundtrack for the film Apollo 13. Annuver song used on the soundtrack woz “Dark Side of the Moon” which was sung by Annie Lennox but I goes for the original version by Pink Floyd as my linky choice.




@kelsoterrier
Last week we had The Who with I can See For Miles. I do know that this song featured on the soundtrack for the Apollo 13 film and to be able to hav seen this spaceship on its way to the moon you would have needed a very strong telescope! Once you had this you wold then need to put our eye to the Telescope which, as chance would have it, is the title of an album by the excellent K T Tunstall. On her "Eye to the Telescope" album the best song, and my link this week, is called "Suddenly I see". So she gets the telescope, puts it to her and and suddenly she can see for miles and miles.....maybe far enough to see spaceships!




@borderpup
Dis week we choose Park Life by Blur. Why? Cos The Who did write Quadrophenia, wot was made into a fillum starring Phil Daniels (we won't give away the ending here, but it woz dramatic!). He did later on do the talky bits on Park Life and woz in the video.




@wonderwinger
Well done Tucker on a super win last week; the godfather of lexieschain producing a brilliant link from the godfathers of rock: The Who & their I Can See For Miles. After the death of Keith Moon, drums for The Who were played by Kenney Jones. Kenney Jones had originally been in the band the Small Faces, which became The Faces after the addition of the taller pair of Ronnie Wood and Rod Stewart and the subtraction of the smaller Steve Marriott.


My link shall be their last single: You Can Make Me Dance, Sing or Anything (Even Take the Dog for a Walk, Mend a Fuse, Fold Away the Ironing Board or any Other Domestic Shortcomings). Phew! This title is a "mile" long and indeed holds the record for longest song title in the Uk Single Chart.





@bunnersandharvs
Well dun to da Tucker for winning da linky last week was a veree good transishun so I has been thinking wot way to go from da songy and my paws started tapping having a thort about all dem miles Roger had to go and it made me think about taking it easy. Hey, why not loosen da load, hee hee so i is going wid da songy 'Take it easy' by da Eagles.




An the winner dis week .... as chosen by @bvfeyj  ..... dus be  ........ @diamondbertie with Barbara Streisand and On A Clear Day. Yay!! Well done ma pal!

Now is time to get your finkin caps on an send me (find out how on da guidelines page fing) the next link in the chain. Da winner dis week dus be pickin da winner next week and dat means you Bertie.

It's over to you! Email me: lexie at toxicpenguin dot com or DM me on twitter (@dogstoyevsky) wiv your link suggestion followin on from dis one! You has until noon (GMT) Sunday 5 August 2012. Sometimes I dus accidentally delete em! Heehee. So good idea to type DO NOT DELETE in the title!  

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow me @dogstoyevsky or #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment