Sunday 26 August 2012

Lexie's Chain: The Eighty-Fifth Chain




Hello pals! Welcome to Week 85 of #lexieschain. Dis week was down to Patch to choose. Last time was Snow Patrol wiv Run. Let's see wot happened this week!

@diamondbertie
Here is my entry for the next link. Last weeks winner was Runaway by Bon Jovi, great choice, I could not resist another completely different song of the same name by Del Shannon. This dates back to the mid 1960s.



@djladylexie
Last week was Bon Jovi's Runaway wot name come from vinjoob – eskimo word for polar bear. Now then, the eskimos have 50 words for snow. Handily this the title of Kate Bush's latest album 50 Words for Snow. She also write a song about runnin to wot dus be ma link for dis week – Running up that Hill by Kate Bush.



@kelsoterrier
Ok, last weeks winner was Bon Jovi with Runaway. The link came about as a result of a vey clever anagram. So I decided to try my hand at an anagram link but can't promise the clever part ;-) Ok, here goes, Bon Jovi Runaway is an anagram of Bonjour Vain Way. To me this sounds like something a very vain person would say to themselves in the mirror in the morning when getting ready for their day of vanity. When I think of really vain people I think of two songs, Mr Vain by Culture Beat and You're so Vain by Carly Simon. I prefer You're So Vain by Carly Simon tho so I choose it as my linky this week.




@bvfeyj
So Briar @wonderwinger did select @PatchDaCat wif “Runaway” by Bon Jovi & me finks if you is a runaway maybe is cuz you is “Born to Run”! So me does submit “Born to Run” by Bruce Springsteen. Besides dat boaf Bon Jovi & Bruce Springsteen is from New Jersey (dat’s New Joisey y’know), and dey boaf hab performed wif Southside Johnny. Boaf has hab long careers and continue to perform today. More importantly Bruce is da Boss and “Born to Run” is a kick arse song! 





@borderpup
Last week we had Runaway by Bon Jovi, so we did get our finking caps on .... Jon Bon Jovi, da man imself, does do lots of werk for charities. One of them is called Habitat for Humanity, and they dus get people togeva to 'build homes, communities and hope.' They build homes for needy people all over da world and also do disaster relief, helping people to get shelter. I fink you might be able to see where this is going now ....! Yes, we choose Gimme Shelter by them Strolling Bones!




@bunnersandharvs
So well dun to da super feline patch fur his win AGAIN!! Now, I has been scritchin my beard over da linky and though i dusn't rilly like da group BonJovi, he did help Cher relaunch her sing song career (well Jon B-J and Richie Sambora). Plus Bon Jovi and Cher both has lots of hair too so I is going wid Cher fur my linky, well Sonny and Cher wot singing 'I Got You Babe' .... hit it. 'They say our love won't last Laa Laa Lee dee dee BOL.



@terenceterrier
Last week the winning linky woz “Runaway”. I fink the girl who ran away woz a rebel. So my linky dis week be “Rebel Rebel” by David Bowie.



@rosieterrier
Well done to Patchy Cat on last weeks win. My linky dus beWell done to Patchy Cat on last weeks win. My linky dus be 'Dock of the Bay' by Otis Redding. This is because it dus invole sitting on the aforementioned dock and not running like Mr Bon Jovi. Phew! I prefer relaxing....... Now where's my nearest dock? Thank you xxxxx



@wonderwinger
Well done Patch, on your Eskimo-inspired link last week giving us Runaway by Bon Jovi. My link this week is Whisky in the Jar by Thin Lizzy. Why? Well, are you sitting comfortably? Then I'll begin... Bon Jovi covered the Thin Lizzy song Boys are Back in Town. However, when I thought about the title Runaway i thought where might you be running? Maybe you're fleeing "Out in the Fields". This was a single by the Thin Lizzy members Gary Moore & Phil Lynott from Moore's solo album "Run" for Cover. I love Whiskey in the Jar a traditional Irish song about a highwayman, aha, yet another reason for Running away.




@marleyterrier
Ello for you….i see that Patch da Cat did be chosen a song by Bon Jovi….and they is famously from New Jersey…so we did look at other moosishuns who be from New Jersey and did see that Paul Simon be from there too. We dint ono this cos we fort he was from New York City. He did a nice song called The Only Living Boy in New York….so we is bringing it all back home by choosin that song but played by a British band so my choice dis week is Only Living Boy in New York by Everything But the Girl.




An the winner dis week .... as chosen by @patchdacat  ..... dus be  ........ @borderpup wiv . Yay!! Well done ma pal! 

Now is time to get your finkin caps on an send me (find out how on da guidelines page fing) the next link in the chain. Da winner dis week dus be pickin da winner next week and dat means you Indie.

It's over to you! Email me: lexie at toxicpenguin dot com or DM me on twitter (@dogstoyevsky) wiv your link suggestion followin on from dis one! You has until noon (GMT) Sunday 2 September 2012. Sometimes I dus accidentally delete em! Heehee. So good idea to type DO NOT DELETE in the title!  

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow me @dogstoyevsky or #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment