Monday 20 August 2012

Lexie's Chain: The Eighty-Fourth Chain



Hello pals! Welcome to Week 84 of #lexieschain. Dis week was down to Briar to choose. Last time was Snow Patrol wiv Run. Let's see wot happened this week!

@djladylexie
Run By Snow Patrol .. Ma linky dos be Foreigner wiv Cold as Ice. Why? Well .. Snow is really cold, and sometimes when it melts and then re-freexes it turns into ice! So snow has to be cold as ice to be erm … ice! Heehee.




@borderpup
Last week was Run by Snow Patrol, which was a big hit when covered by Leona Lewis, tho we fort the original was much, much better! It dus be too hot here for much brain activitee, so we did fink about other cover songs .... We did fancy somefing a bit dancier, so we has chosen Comfortably Numb by The Scissor Sisters. Wiv apologies to all Pink Floyd fans out there, we fink in this case the cover version is better than the original! Here it is in their brilliant set at Glasto.




@patchdacat
To link from “Run” by Snow Patrol I am choosing “Runaway” by Bon Jovi as my linky. If you run you will be a runaway so an obvious link there but a less well known link follows. Snow Patrol were originally known as Polar Bear. The eskimo word for polar bear is vinjoob which is an anagram of Bon Jovi.




@terenceterrier
*rams finking cap on head* A linky to follow from “Run” needed. I finks of the fillum “Runaway Bride” wiv Richard Gere & Julia Roberts which had dis songy “Before I fall in love” as its theme toon sung by Coco Lee.



@bvfeyj (Tucker)
Last week @patchdacat did wisely pick @wonderwinger wif da clever entry Run by Snow Patrol. Good job, Patch & Briar! (And me is SURE dat da sardine cup cakes had nuffing to do wif dat!) OK, moving on... while trying to fink ob a link and wif all da heat we been habbing me did start finking about snow... dis lead me to a wonderful song brilliantly written and performed by Stevie Nicks ob Fleetwood Mac. So me does suggest “Landslide” by Fleetwood Mac as dis week’s linky. Me does prefer dis live version (me likes da mistake and how dey react!)



@diamondbertie
I choose Walking Back to Happiness sung by Helen Shapiro. Why? Last weeks winner was Run by Snow Patrol I settle for a more leisurely pace in this hot weather.




@marleyterrier
I did see that Snow Patrol be fronted by Gary Lightbody so I did decide to looks him up on Twitter. Furst tweet I seen from him was pishure of him wiv the actor Stephen Graham who played Al Capone in the wonderful series Atlantic City. So our chain this week did be Original Gangster by Wheatus…..(cos there dussnt be no decent songs on the soundtrack of The Untouchables…..Mr Costner…ahem)….




An the winner dis week .... as chosen by @wonderwinger ..... dus be  ........ @patchdacat wiv . Yay!! Well done again ma pal! Dis game is turnin into a two horse race or ... a one dog, one cat race heehee!

Now is time to get your finkin caps on an send me (find out how on da guidelines page fing) the next link in the chain. Da winner dis week dus be pickin da winner next week and dat means you Briar.

It's over to you! Email me: lexie at toxicpenguin dot com or DM me on twitter (@dogstoyevsky) wiv your link suggestion followin on from dis one! You has until noon (GMT) Sunday 26 August 2012. Sometimes I dus accidentally delete em! Heehee. So good idea to type DO NOT DELETE in the title!  

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow me @dogstoyevsky or #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment