Sunday 23 December 2012

Lexie's Chain: The Hundred And First Chain




Hello pals! Welcome to week 101 of #lexieschain. All fun an excitement as we near the end of the year an the penultimate chainy! So lets see wot we gots dis week!

@djladylexie
My linky does be Kirsty MacColl and Don't Come The Cowboy With Me Sunny Jim! What!!?? But Why? Well, let me explain. Gram Parsons and EmmyLou Harris for their country music roots. Gram also loved spendin time in Joshua Tree National Park in California.

Bono, from U2 also spent time in the California desert and their album, The Joshua Tree is reference to the same place, loved by the band.

Steve Lillywhite did the remixes on The Joshua Tree who was the then husband of Bono's pal, Kirsty MacColl, who also set the running order for the album. Kirsty MacColl was also known for her country influences in her moosic too. So, desert and country music can only make you fink of one fing ---- cowboys!!



@patchdacat
Borderpup’s winning linky was “In Our Hour Of Darkness” by Emmylou Harris & Gram. I see that Emmylou Harris also recorded a song “Darkest Hour Is Just Before Dawn”. These title words also appear in the song “Dedicated to the one I love” which was by The Mamas & The Papas. This be my chosen linky.




@diamondbertie
I had to scratch my head hard to think of a really good link to go with last week's winner which was In My Hour Of Darkness. I could not think, my mind kept turning to Fairytale of New York by the Pogues I never think it's Christmas till I hear that



@terenceterrier
Okey Dokey I needs to link from In My Hour Of Darkness By Gram to a very speshull songy. Well the hour of darkness is midnight. So I says to myself dat midnight is 12 hours. I stays wiv dat number but wants 12 days instead cos my linky be “The Twelve Days Of Christmas” by da Animals of YouTube.



@bvfeyj
Last week we did hab winner from @borderpup In My Hour of Darkness by Gram Parsons. Good linky and nice pick by @claptonterrier who turns out to be quite da poet too! When finkin' about a linky me did discober dat Gram Parsons was only 26 when he did die and den me dis see dat he died at da Joshua Tree Inn. Dat make me and mom boaf fink ob U2 and dere album (mom say it dere best album) Joshua Tree. So dis week me do pick fur me linky "With or Without You" by U2 from da Joshua Tree album.






@claptonterrier (first chainy yay!!)
Indie chose a very nice song by Gram Parsons last week. I read that Gram Parsons was a member of The Byrds for a brief time and of course we all know that The Birds was a film by Mr Alfred Hitchcock starring Tippi Hedren and we will be seeing quite a bit about that on out televisions this Christmas I see from the trailers. So I looked and looked for music by Mr Hitchcock but i don't think he made any and neither did Miss Hedren. So I have done the next best thing and chosen a song by Robyn Hitchcock…..its called Ole Tarantual….I hope no one is scared of spiders…



@wonderwinger
Many congrats to Indie on last week's win. Gram Parsons and Emmylou Harris also did a cover of the Boudleaux Bryant song Love Hurts. This song has been covered by lots of artists from the Everley Brothers, through to Cher through to Jason Donovan. However, I shall choose as my linky the version recorded by Keith Richards and Norah Jones for the Gram Parsons tribute concert.



@bunnersandharvs
Well dun to da @Borderpup for a cleva linky. dis has put me to da testy here so i is gonna be quick! Last week's linky was EmmyLou Harris singing a sad old toone bout da dark hours. so it gots us thinking bowt dark hours and long days and we did start cryin (snorts not rilly) but we did think about dat songy Crying.

So da linky we is going wid is 'Crying' sungy by KD Lang wot was also influenced by EmmyLooopy Doo too! Hit it kaaadeee......




So, da winner dis week .... as chosen by @borderpup  ... dus be ..... @patchdacat wiv the Mamas and the Papas and This Is Dedicated To The One I Love. Yay! Well done ma pal.  Close second was me and third was Briar. 

Now is time to get your finkin caps on an send me (find out how on da guidelines page fing) the next link in the chain. Da winner dis week dus be pickin da winner next week and dat means you Patchy! The final chainy of 2012!! No pressure heehee. 

Is still all to play for and dussnt forget 11th January 2013 we be avin our awards ceremony so you will have to wait til then to find out who dun what! Watch out for da bloggy bowt it.

It's over to you! Email me: lexie at toxicpenguin dot com or DM me on twitter (@dogstoyevsky) wiv your link suggestion followin on from dis one! You has until noon (GMT) Sunday 30 December 2012. Oh sometimes I dus accidentally delete em! Heehee. So good idea to type DO NOT DELETE in the title!  

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow me @dogstoyevsky or #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment