Sunday 6 January 2013

Lexie's Chain: The Hundred and Third Chain



Hello pals! Welcome to week 103 of #lexieschain - the first chain of 2013! So lets see wot we gots dis week. 

DON"T FORGET CHAINY AWARDS ON FRIDAY 11 JANUARY 2013 7pm-Midnight wiv prizes an dat!

@smcheetham
My chain suggestion for this week is New Years Day by U2. You sing Auld Lang Syne in the first few minutes of New Years Day so here is a song about New Years Day.




@terenceterrier
Well done @BunnersAndHarvs on winnin wiv the Mairi Campbell & Dave Francis vershun of Auld Land Syne. I sees dat songy woz on da soundtrack of the film Sex and the City. So da songy I choose for my linky dis week be “Mercy” by Duffy cos that also be on da soundtrack.


@patchdacat
I see that Mairi Campbell & Dave Francis (who sung da winning linky Auld Lang Syne) were a duo known as The Cast. After burning the midnight oil to find a linky I discovered another band called Cast. I trawled though their moosical archives & found a purrty song to be my linky this week. This be “Walk Away”.



@djladylexie
Auld Lany Syne means A Long Time Ago and also relates to Robert Burns poem. He also wrote a fantastic poem called The Twa Dogs. Annuva man wot sung bowty his dog was Cat Stevens! I decide on Love my Dog by Cat Stevens.




@wonderwinger
Superb linky last week by the awesome comic duo of Harvey & Lord Percy. Big hugs to the pair of you. However, linking to Auld Lang Syne did stump me for a while, until I remembered Robert Burns wrote the poem/song. Little known fact is that Robert Burns has a crater named after him on planet Mercury. However, the best singing Mercury of all time was of course Freddie Mercury, so obviously my choice has to be Queen -Don't Stop Me Now. Take it away Freddie,*gets into the superman pose* I'm BURNing through the skies, yeah, 200 degrees...





@rosieterrier
Well done Harvey and Mr Percy for your song 'Auld Lang Syne'. Well this is traditionally sung on New Years Eve. U2 did do a song called 'New Years Day' and this was on the album called War. Edwin Starr sang an anti-Vietnam war song of the same name (War). So now we come to my linky *wriggles body in excitement*. I choose the song 'H.A.P.P.Y. Radio' by Edwin Starr. *boogies on down in delight*.




@bvfeyj
Dis was bery difficult linky dis week. Last week we did hab @bunnersandharvs winner wif Auld Lang Syne performed by Mairi Campbell and Dave Francis. A beautiful song and an excellent version ob it. Dis song was written by Robert Burns, who be da national poet ob Scotland, well, except fur dat he been dead a long time now. Mairi Campbell dat sing it is also a Scot. So me was finking ob Robbie Burns and uvver songs dat he did write and uvver Scottish singers and bands. Mom did eben readed to me her faborite Burns poem “To a Mouse, on Turning Up Her Nest With the Plough”. By den me was all confuzzled, until me remembered a song by a modern Scottish singer/songwriter who do hab some poetic lyrics too and a song wif similar femes to Auld Lang Syne. It all about da year coming to an end an time passing an remembering peoples and places like “A girl... you once used to know”. So me did decide dat me linky is “Time Passages” by Al Stewart. 




@diamondbertie
Hava Nagila sung by many artists by favourite is sung by Harry Belafonte
WHY?

Last weeks was a delightful version of Auld Lang Syne this come from a Robert Burns poem, so a search my brain for other songs from R. Burns sadly most were too rude,
I went outside and realised this song is sung at the end of a good party or get together, Hava Nagila means Let us Rejoice, Let us Sing, Let us Dance.



@kelsoterrier
Auld Lang Syne always makes me smile because it brings to mind New Year's Parties, holidays and merriment. The title means a long time ago. For this reason I immediately think of the lyrics "A long long time ago I can still remember how that music used to make me smile" which of course is from the song American Pie by Don McLean (who, with a surname like that must have a Scottish heritage!). So that is my link this week :-)


AND
@borderpup
Last week we had 'Auld Lang Syne' which did make me fink of all fings Scottish and New Year and wotnot. But then I fort wot do the words rilly mean? Well, they mean somefing like 'once upon a time' or more accurately 'long long ago'. So ma choice for dis week dus be 'American Pie' by Don Maclean! Why? Because the first line dus be 'A long, long, time ago ...' - and nuffing Scottish after all!




So, da winner dis week .... as chosen by @bunners&harvs (Harvs and Lord Percy)   ... dus be ..... oooo a first wiv da chainy! We has TWO winners! @kelsoterrier and @borderpup wiv American Pie!

Now is time to get your finkin caps on an send me (find out how on da guidelines page fing) the next link in the chain. Da winner dis week dus be pickin da winner next week and dat means you erm.... oo i dussnt no for sure ow we gonna dus it! I will send it to boaf and see if you boaf choose da same one? The first chainy of 2013!

An pals, dussnt forget 11th January 2013 we be avin our awards ceremony so you will have to wait til then to find out who dun what!

It's over to you! Email me: lexie at toxicpenguin dot com or DM me on twitter (@dogstoyevsky) wiv your link suggestion followin on from dis one! You has until noon (GMT) Sunday 13 January 2013. Oh sometimes I dus accidentally delete em! Heehee. So good idea to type DO NOT DELETE in the title!  

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow me @dogstoyevsky or #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment