Monday 28 January 2013

Lexie's Chain: The One Hundred and Sixth Chain

Hello pals! Welcome to week 105 of #lexieschain. Last week the winner wos me wiv Oh! Carol by Neil Sedaka. So lets see wot we gots dis week. 

@smcheetham
My link this week is to do with Neils your song was by Neil Sedaka another famous Neil in music is Neil Tenant from the Pet Shop Boys. All you dogs must like the pet shop. So my tune is West End Girls by the Pet Shop Boys. That's all.



 @claptonterrier
You chose a song by Neil Sedaka. His father, Mac Sedaka, was a taxi driver . Joni Mitchell wrote a song called Big yellow Taxi…which we like very much…and that was eventually covered by Counting Crows and Vanessa Carlton. The Counting Crows wrote a very lovely song called Mr Jones….so that is our link this week…and here is the video (complete with Spanish subtitles!!





@wonderwinger
Aha well done Lexie on your first win of the year, always good to get one on the board early. Oh! Carol was written by Sedaka with Howard Greenfield they also collaborated on my linky: Is This Way To Amarillo by Tony Christie. I love the video made with Peter Kay in 2005 for Comic Relief; always good for a Sunday giggle.

@diamondbertie
Last week's winner was the lovely Oh Carol by Neil Sedaka, a song of yearning I keep to the theme of yearning with Spike Jones and His City Slickers' Chloe lets just say it's different.
@bunnersandharvs
So den we dus be very proud of da Lexie for winning da linky last week by an oldie and a goodie. We going to continue w da theme of Neil Sedaka and choose a favourite songy we dus sing and danse to in da house dat Neil Sedaka co-wrote. It is sung by da Captain and Tennille and is called Love Will Keep Us Together. Hit it pals. Danses round. Love will keep us togetha.... BOL!


@rosieterrier
Cool, well done to da DJ Lady Lexie for her win last week. I do choose The Rolling Stones 'Worried About You' this week. That is because the Rolling Stones also sang a song called Carol, on their very first album ever (I finks Mr Sedaka did influence Mr Mick eh?). *Sings* "Sometimes I wonder why you do these things......"

@terenceterrier
Our moosical madam Lexie winned da chainy last week wiv Oh Carolâ By Neil Sedaka . Da name Carol iz offen the shortened vershun of Caroline. I iz simple so I keeps my linky simple. My linky be Caroline by Status Quo *stands in corner head banging & wigglin backside at same time*


@bvfeyj
Da links for Neil Sedaka are legion. He was prolific songwriter, who wrote for and performed wif so many ob da popular artists. He also hab a cousin who bery talented performer as well, so me does fink dat be good linky. Da hard part is deciding which song... an den me sees dat she recorded one ob Neil Sedaka’s most well known songs “Breaking Up Is Hard to Do”. Me listen to dis and fink it like a whole nother song when she do it but it still bery good, so linky dis week is Ms. Eydie Gorme wif “Breaking Up Is Hard to Do”.


@borderpup
Dis week we have to link to 'Oh Carol', which was written by Neil Sedaka. He and Carol King were both songwriters in the famous Brill Building in New Yoik, where lots of other songwriters and music publishers did have there offices. One of the other songwriters there was Burt Bacharach and he wrote lots of hits, including 'The Look of Love' which was a hit for our very own Dusty Springfield (it is also another love song!).


@patchdacat
Last week the winning linky was Oh Carol by Neil Sedaka. I sees that quite a few people have covered this song including The Four Seasons on their album Sherry & 11 Others. Sherry can also be a name for a girl so choose this track as my linky.


 

@kelsoterrier
Last week we had Carol by Neil Sedaka. For my link this week I am going for another song with a girl's name in it by another Neil. This other Neil, as chance would have it, also went to the same school as Neil Sedaka (albeit a couple of years later) which was Lincoln High in Brooklyn. The song is Sweet Caroline and the singer is Neil Diamond.


 

Dad said this:
Where's the techno??!! Where's Girls Aloud!?? Haha only jokin! Bertie's link was great! I liked all the various family/Neil/Carol links. So, my choice is Counting Crows and Mr Jones! Well played little furry friend! Close second was Kelso with Neil Diamond followed by Tucker!

So............. da winner dis week .... as chosen by ma dad ......................... dus be ................ @claptonterrier! Yay!! Well done CT!

Now is time to get your finkin caps on an send me (find out how on da guidelines page fing) the next link in the chain. Da winner dis week dus be pickin da winner next week and dat means you Kelos!!

It's over to you! Email me: lexie at toxicpenguin dot com or DM me on twitter (@dogstoyevsky) wiv your link suggestion followin on from dis one! You has until noon (GMT) Sunday 3 February 2013 (gots to get it to me by 2pm UK time if poss). Oh sometimes I dus accidentally delete em! Heehee. So good idea to type DO NOT DELETE in the title!  

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow me @dogstoyevsky or #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment