Monday 3 June 2013

Lexie's Chain: The Hundred and Twenty Fourth Chain



Hello pals! Welcome to week 124 of #lexieschain. Last week the winner was Skye wiv Almost Cut My Hair by CSNY . Let's see wot we got dis week!

And pals, please note that we has no broadband coz BT is rubbidge and won't climb a telegraph pole to do the cable til the 11th June! So you gonna get disrupted service from da Lexie for a bit! We gots a 3g mobile dongle (that is not rude) so I can be online a bit so you dussnt forget me!


@diamondbertie
Here I am bright and early this week, last week's winner was CSNY with Almost Cut My Hair, I looked and listened to the lyrics and my mind went to a barber. Sweeney Todd the Demon Barber, with Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter, one of the tracks was Pretty Women, on that note I choose for my link Roy Orbison singing Pretty Woman.








@freddie_bt
Ere's mine n Dad's entwy. Finkin of da hair cut aspect of last week's winner Dad fawt of da followin song lines: "Let me tell you Son, the war was never won, in this city's streets you gotta be careful where you move your feet, how you part your hair". Dey cum fwom da gweat Curtis Mayfield's powerful anti-war pro Civil Rights song "Back to the World" which is da phrase US soldiers in Vietnam used to describe leaving it n weturnin to ds world, sadly for many life at home wuz not ideal. "Back to the World" by Curtis Mayfield.




@djladylexie
To me dis be a celebrashun of long hair and bein a bit of a hippy from da 60's. Long hair dus still be a sign of wantin to be bit different an bit of a freak/outsider maybe. Course, when you be a teenager you just wanna be you an not care abowty anyfink anyone else finks about you, your music, your beliefs wot be formin when you young. So dat got me finkin bout all the people wot get pushed and bullied for bein bit different maybe so I dun chosed a great song wot dun by, of all people, Christina Aguilera and Beautiful wot be about acceptin yourself as you are.








@bvfeyj
Excellent win by @Skye613 wif “Almost Cut My Hair” by CSNY. CSNY dus be Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young. Dis band formed after da breakup ob Buffalo Springfield. Neil Young and Stephen Stills did join CSNY and hab solo careers as well. Dey also rerecorded some Buffalo Springfield songs. Another member ob Buffalo Springfield was Richie Furay who did join da band Poco and hab solo career too and likewise did Buffalo Springfield songs. So me choice dis week is Richie Furay wif Poco and “Heart of the Night”.




@smcheetham
Hello all chain time again. Now last weeks winner was Crosby Stills Nash and Young with Almost Cut My Hair. So I have focused on Graham Nash who is of course a Lancastrian just like me and his early career was in the Hollies that well known Manchester Band . That takes me to another very special to me Manchester Band The Smiths. So which Smiths song to choose there are so very many but let's go for where it all began with This Charming Man so that's my link This Charming Man by The Smiths. Good luck everyone.





@claptonterrier
Hello Miss Lexi. I was being very lazy this week and started my search for a chain link by putting "Cut My Hair" into Wikipedia (forgetting it was called Almost Cut My Hair) and being very puzzled that it kept taking me to a page about Quadrophenia by the Who. Eventually, after several tries, i realised it was doing this because there is a song called "Cut My Hair" on Quadrophenia too! How funny. I thought a little about the members of the Who and I remembered that Roger Daltrey used to own a salmon farm and that got me to thinking about bands named after fish….we had a very nervous moment when we almost selected a song by Marillion whose singer was called Fish, but eventually we settled on this nice song by Noah and the Whale …..er not technically a fish I know but whose counting eh?….life goes on…so my link this week is Life Goes On by Noah and the Whale…





An da winner ... as chosen by @skye613 ........... dus be ................ @freddie_bt wiv Back To The World from Curtis Mayfield. Yay!! Oooo you is really in da runnin now ma pal! Now is time to get your finkin caps on an send me (find out how on da guidelines page fing) the next link in the chain. Da winner dis week dus be pickin da winner next week and dat means you Skye.

It's over to you! Email me: lexie at toxicpenguin dot com or DM me on twitter (@dogstoyevsky) wiv your link suggestion followin on from dis one! You has until noon (GMT) Sunday 9 June 2013 (gots to get it to me by 2pm UK time if poss). Oh sometimes I dus accidentally delete em! Heehee. So good idea to type DO NOT DELETE in the title!

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow me @dogstoyevsky or #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment