Monday 8 July 2013

Lexie's Chain: The Hundred and Twenty Ninth Chain


Hello pals! Welcome to week 129 of #lexieschain. Last week the winner was Bertie wiv Canadian Pacific from George Hamilton. Let's see wot we got dis week!

@claptonterrier
I am doing my Chain early this week so I don't get caught out. Last week Uncle Bertie chose Canadian Pacific…that made me think about songs about oceans and the sea….there are lots of those of course. Its very difficult to choose between them ….and even more difficult to decide which of the seas is our favourite….then we remembered that we don't have to choose and we can have all of them. So this week we have chose Seven Seas by Echo and the Bunnymen.





@freddie_bt
We av looked at da maps n used geography fer our linky dis week. George Hamilton IV wuz born in North Carolina n later moved to Tennessee dese two states border da north of Georgia. Athens Georgia is famous fer bein da hometown of R.E.M n also the B-52's. Our linky dis week is da B-52's wiv Planet Claire fwom deir bwilliant debut LP. Geographically dis is close to Tennessee but musically dis is is light years away fwom da Nashville sound. If you're goin to bowwow a tune den make it a gud one n dis bowwows heavily fwom Henry Mancini's excellent Peter Gunn Theme. Featurin da exotic lukin Kate n Cindy tho not showcasin deir gawjuss singin ere's The B-52's "Planet Claire":





@skye613
Last week Bertie did win with " Canadian Pacific ". Congrats on a great linky. Had never heard this song but when I listened it was to me a traveling love song. This is my favorite traveling love song. " Boulder to Birmingham".




@smcheetham
Another week on Lexieschain congratulations to Bertie a great choice and a song I didn't know. The lyrics are about an epic journey to the arms of a beloved. I have been listening to a lot of Bruce Springsteen this week as I was lucky enough to see him live last weekend. My favourite Bruce album is Nebraska his LoFi album from 1982. There is a song on that about a long road journey back into the arms of the lovely Wanda. This song contains descriptions of a North American industrial landscape and is very atmospheric. So the link is journeys to the arms of a loved one and my song is Open All Night by Bruce Springsteen from the Nebrasaka album. Good luck everyone.




@bvfeyj
Congrats, Bertie! So we come back to Canada and train songs. But nah me fink me finds some different linky... Me finking dat George Hamilton is American country singer and he did appear in da musical “Patsy” about Patsy Cline. Two ob Patsy Cline’s biggest hits I Fall To Pieces and Crazy did be written by Willie Nelson. Many famous songs dat was big hits fur some country artists did be written by Willie Nelson but me gib you a song by Toby Keith dat was written ABOUT Willie Nelson. It called “I’ll Never Smoke Weed With Willie Again”!



@wonderwinger
Well done Bertie on your win last week much deserved. Thinking about George Hamilton with Canadian Pacific I started to link country music with long journeys in big countries. Canada is a big country which takes me with a hop skip and a jump to the Scottish band Big Country. My link shall be their hit "In a Big Country" which scored it's highest chart position in Canada.




@bunnersandharvs
Well dun to dat sweet Bertie fur da win last week. We han't neva hurd of dat songy by George Hamilton but we dus undastand train journeys and dus luv dem - well Mum dus - so we going on wif da train theme because dat jurney in Canada wuld have been a long one. So dat is part of why we id going wif da songy by da Doobie Brothers called Long Train Running we also chose dat songy cause it about love and George's songy was about long journeys and trains and love too so is a simiple linky but is da one we going wif and also because rilly with out love, where would we be now... 



@djladylexie
Well done Bertie wiv Canadian Paific. I as chosen Letter from America by The Proclaimers, a song about long journeys and the Scots history of emigration to America and Canada to start new lives following the highland clearances.




An da winner ............... as chosen by Bertie  .............. dus be ........... oh ...... me again! Yay! Well done me haha! Oh an dat means ma dad will be selectin the winner next week. 

Ere wot Bertie said: they were all great links deserving of time and consideration and it was tough, because I did not know any of them I wanted to hear them twice. I finally settled on number 8, Letter from America as being my favourite both for the song and for the reasoning behind the choice.  Well done everyone for introducing me to new (to me) songs.

It's over to you! Email me: lexie at toxicpenguin dot com or DM me on twitter (@dogstoyevsky) wiv your link suggestion followin on from dis one! You has until noon (GMT) Sunday 14 July 2013 (gots to get it to me by 2pm UK time if poss). Oh sometimes I dus accidentally delete em! Heehee. So good idea to type DO NOT DELETE in the title!

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow me @dogstoyevsky or #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment