Monday 21 July 2014

Lexie's Chain: The Hundred and Eighty First Chain




Hello pals! Welcome to week 181 of #lexieschain. So last time was Freddie wiv Kraftwerk an Tour De France. So let's see wots we gots dis week:

@maggietkat
Well done, Freddy! The instrumental Kraftwerks song about a sporting event put me in mind of another incredible sports related instrumental number. The theme from the movie "Rocky", Gonna Fly Now, was recorded by the Maynard Ferguson Orchestra, featuring Maynard on trumpet. How he hits those high notes is beyond me! 




@skye613
Great tune Freddie! Perhaps it is the history major in me but I am always grabbed by dates. Kraftwerk was formed in Dusseldorf in 1970. An extremely tumultuous year, 1970 saw the deaths of Joplin and Hendrix and 4 students at Kent State in Ohio. My choice this week is " Ohio" C,S, N & Y. 



@smcheetham
Morning all fellow chainees I chose Freddie it appears with Tour de France last week. I have gone for a bicycle theme this week as there are lots of those in the TDF. I have gone for a very important part of a bicycle especially if you are riding at night. That is a Reflector so I have gone for Reflektor by Arcade Fire fresh from their triumph at Glastonbury great video too. have a great week all.


@terenceterrier
Last week da winnin linky woz Kraftwerk and “Tour De France”. Da TdF iz a race wiv lotsa men in lycra on pushbikes. So for our linky I gives you “The Pushbike Song” by The Mixtures and in best Tucker tradition it be a live vershun on TOTP.


@djladylexie
Kraftwerk, Tour De France .. Ok lets fink. Well when cyclists are doin the tour de france their heart rate is very high. Kraftwerk dun a song called Elektro Kardiogramm wot is all about heart beats per minute. So we goin with the heart beat feme with Buddly Holly's Heartbeat.


An da winner ... as chosen by  .... Freddie ......... dus be ......... @maggietkat wiv Rocky feme, Gonna Fly Now by the Maynard Ferguson Orchestra. Yay! Well done Magster! Your turn next week ;)

Ere wot Freddie said bowty it: Dis is always so difficult n I liked all da linkys fer inventiveness n fer deir songs but speshully  5 coz of Buddy Holly,  2 coz I appwove of music being political n 1 coz I liked Rocky. Tuff choice but fer sentimental weasons da winner is Rocky.

So it's over to you. Email me: lexie at toxicpenguin dot com or DM me on twitter (@dogstoyevsky) wiv your link suggestion followin on from dis one! You has until 27th July 2014 (gets it to me by 2pm UK time if poss). Oh sometimes I dus accidentally delete em! Heehee. So good idea to type DO NOT DELETE in the title and dussnt forget to send a linky to da video from You Tube!

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow me @dogstoyevsky or #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment