Sunday 31 August 2014

Lexie's Chain: The Hundred and Eighty Seventh Chain


Hello pals! Welcome to week 187 of #lexieschain. Oh, an remember mum dus be in Ibiza from tonight so service may be slightly erratic ;). So last time was me wiv Parklife from Blur . So let's see wots we gots dis week:

@diamondbertie
First allow me to congratulate you as @djladylexie on winning with the great song Parklife by Blur. I must confess I did not know it but I still enjoyed it.  While on the theme of rest and relaxation Simon and Garfunkels "Feeling Groovy" popped into my head as my choice.




@wotterface
Well done on last week's win with Blur's Parklife. We were watching some live Blur yesterday and we noticed a line about those pigeons you find in a park. There's lots of other birds you find in the park - geese, ducks, swans, sparrows, blackbirds and...Starlings by Elbow.  This is a version at Abbey Road with the BBC concert orchestra.





@skye613
Last week Lexie took us to the park. Another kind of park is a zoo. Zoos are filled with animals in cages and enclosures. Dr. Hook tells us of a tigers lament!




@claptonterrier
Ola.. Miss Lexie….here is my chain entry. Last week you chose a song called ParkLife by Blur. On the cover of that record was, famously, a shot of some greyhounds and the inside of the Parklife album was lots of shots of the band at Walthamstow Greyhound Racing track. Walthamstow is an area of London with the postcode E17 so this week my link is “Stay Another Day” by the band East 17 who came from Walthamstow.


@freddie_bt
Parklife da LP is a gweat celebwation of southern England. Dad grew up in da souf wiv its accents dat you can actually understand n as a teenager he wud escape da confines of his religious school whenever he cud n rush to Brighton fer pubs, Punk Rock, da Mod revival n da cinema where he saw Phil Daniels in Quadrophenia n whose character Jimmy also sped to Brighton fer its buzz. Dad never had a scooter but his Dad wuz a Ford man, not da executive Granada dat Phil Daniels dwives in Parklife but Cortinas MKI n MKII n Dagenham's finest is celebwated in our linky by The Lambrettas a Brighton Mod band wot Dad first saw playin on da back of a lorry on da seafront. Dad fawt da family dwove a pwactical saloon car not a vehicle fer da sort of hanky panky revealed in "Cortina".




@bunnersandharvs
So well dun to dat Lexie fur hur winning linky last week, ParkLife. We wos thinking about playin in da park and how fun it is and dat it makes us feel we living da High Life and dat also got us thinking about your new life too Lexie wid your Mum & Dad and we thort you is back in da High Life doing wot yoo loves in da warta and playing which makes us think of Steve Winwood's songy 'Back in The High Life'. Dis songy about moving on to more funning things which is just lyke you! wE LoVes yOO LeXiE sO gO oN OuT dEr & LiVe iT uP!




@smcheetham
Morning chainees well done Lexie again you are on a roll. There are lots and lots of places to go from Parklife by Blur. The one I have chosen is to use Phil Daniels the actor who guests on Parklife. He is perhaps best known for his role as Jimmy in the film of Quadrophenia. there are lots of great songs on the soundtrack of The Who rock opera but my favourite is 515 so that's the one I have chosen Good luck everyone.


@wonderwinger
Well done Lexie giving us Parklife by Blur. I thought about trying to link with another song about parks or even about dogs in parks. Thinking about dogs in park I thought back to my fond memories of meeting border terriers at tweet ups in parks. My favourite has been the BTGwandDayOwt in Bristol. This then made me think of the brilliant animator who created Gromit. The one and only Nick Park. Nick Park also created one of the best music videos ever made, my link Sledgehammer by Peter Gabriel. 





So da winner as decided by  ................... me dad, the dogfather, dus be .................. @wonderwinger wiv Sledgehammer. Yay! Well done ma pal. You dus be choosin next week.

Ere wot Dad said bowty it: I choose Sledgehamer. It's a superb video and he is a great artist. I liked the way you linked through using parks and dogs too! I loved the other links too - especially the Quadrophenia links. The Steve Winwood number abd Wendy in tears oh dear!

So it's over to you. Email me: lexie at toxicpenguin dot com or DM me on twitter (@dogstoyevsky) wiv your link suggestion followin on from dis one! You has until 7th September 2014 (gets it to me by 2pm UK time if poss). Oh sometimes I dus accidentally delete em! Heehee. So good idea to type DO NOT DELETE in the title and dussnt forget to send a linky to da video from You Tube!

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow me @dogstoyevsky or #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment