Tuesday 19 August 2014

Lexie's Chain: The Hundred and Eighty Fifth Chain

Hello pals! Welcome to week 185 of #lexieschain. So last time was me wiv Whitney Houston and Where Do Broken Hearts go. So let's see wots we gots dis week:

@Wotterface
So, last week was a song by Whitney Houston wondering where broken hearts go. We don't know that, we also don't know where anything that's lost is, stuff always gets lost like coins down the back of the sofa, tennis balls float off down rivers (I'm still traumatised by that incident) and people lose jumpers.  So our chain this week is an ode to a lost jumper: Sultans of Ping FC with Where's Me Jumper.




@diamondbertie
Well done winning last week with Whitney Houston singing Where do Broken Hearts Go?
My choice has to be Edith Piaf singing Non, je ne regrette rien it just came into my head
Why? both soul singers, broken hearts go in different directions and the other lady has No Regrets.





@skye613
Great job as always DJ Lexie! A sad week around the world with the passing of Robin Williams. Whitney Houston died Feb 11, 2012, Robin Williams 18 months later on Aug 11, 2014. The words of this Annie Lennox song hit me as I was doing my search for this week. " Dying is easy it's the living that scares me to death." " Cold ".




@smcheetham
Morning all so Lexie won last week with Whitney Houston. We know we should be choosing a bit of Techno if we want to win but sadly we don't know much about that so have gone all mainstream this week. We have used the word Houston to give us the link and there is one very famous musician born in Houston and that's Beyoncé so how about a bit of Single Ladies by Beyoncé.




@freddie_bt
Congwatulashuns on a super win. Bein a deep finkin fur I noticed dat Whitney's surname is da name of a city in Texas, named after da general dat defeated da Mexican army n secured Texan independence. Dis made us fink of Mexican music n musicians wiv places in deir names. Camilo Lara a producer n dj used to put together cds of songs n samples fer fwends n wuz encouraged to release da music. He did so usin da moniker Mexican Institute of Sound. It's witty catchy electronica n "ESCRÍBEME PRONTO" our linky has long bin Dad's ringtone.





@terenceterrier
Larst week da DJ Lady Lexie winned wiv “Where Do Broken hearts go” by Whitney Houston. Whitney woz in da luvvly fillum “The Bodyguard” wiv Kevin Costner and singed track “ I will always love you” wot be one of our favrit songies. But I didna wanna be boring so am still choosing it as my linky but sung by Leona Lewis. In best Tucker tradition this is a live vershun taken from before she winned da X factor n woz super famuss.



@maggietkat
Well done Lexie with Whitney. In honor of Robin Williams and Whitney dieing early, my link is Laura Nyro who also died young from cancer. her song is "And When I die".



@bunnersandharvs
Well is another weeky of Lexie's chainy seleckshun and we says a big well dun to dat Lexie fur her winning choicy by Whitney Houston singing "Where Do Broken Hearts Go'. Dat songy did make us think about Whitney singing 'I will always love you' dat wos written by Dolly Parton. Dolly is rilly good at writing love songys and singing love songys and lyke 'Here You Come Again' which is also about tryin to get ova someone wot keeps coming back so dat our linky dis week. 




@claptonterrier
I see that you won with a song called “Where do broken hearts go?”…well, I don’t know where they go but I do know that another place that hearts have been found in music is at the “Dark End of the Street”….my choice this week is a version of that song by The Commitments…its a song about cheating on a loved one…so perhaps that is where the broken heart started its journey….



Ere wot Dad said bowty it: Very difficult as usual! The one that made me laugh out loud, an inspired link, was Sultans of Ping FC with Where's Me Jumper. Well done to that chainer. Close second was Cold by Annie Lennox and I liked the tributes to Robin Williams. Very sad.

So it's over to you. Email me: lexie at toxicpenguin dot com or DM me on twitter (@dogstoyevsky) wiv your link suggestion followin on from dis one! You has until 24th August 2014 (gets it to me by 2pm UK time if poss). Oh sometimes I dus accidentally delete em! Heehee. So good idea to type DO NOT DELETE in the title and dussnt forget to send a linky to da video from You Tube!

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow me @dogstoyevsky or #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment