Wednesday 22 October 2014

Lexie's Chain: The Hundred and Ninety Fourth Chain



Hello pals! Welcome to week 194 of #lexieschain. Last week was Briar wiv You Or No-one from Chrissie Hynde. Let us see what we gots dis week:

@smcheetham
MOrning all well done Briar for last week. We have used Chrissie Hynde as our link for the chain for this week. Chrissie was very briefly married to Jim Kerr from Simple Minds. They have been through a number of incarnations over the years this track is from New Gold Dream an early album which contained a number of their early hits. I have chosen Glittering Prize which has a very 80s video with lots of chiseled jaws. So link is Chrissie to Jim and song Is Glittering Prize by Simple Minds.



@Wotterface
So, last weeks winner was a Chrissie Hynde song. She was in a band called The Pretenders. Lots of musicians pretend to be other people - it's called alter egos. I thought about people like David Bowie and Lady Gaga but then I thought about Damon Albarn and his band Gorillaz. Gorillaz are all animated and each character has a back story, Damon voices the singer 2D. They have many songs to choose from and lots of amazing live performances using holograms (check them out) but we chose their first song "Clint Eastwood" especially for the zombie gorillas!




@terenceterrier
Last week supermodel Briar winned wiv da linky “ You or no one” by Chrissie Hynde wot be pro Animal Rights. Annuva female singer / song writer who is very active in the animal welfare field is Maria Daines. She be a patron of Doris Banham Dog Rescue wot help pound dogs on kill lists in da UK n find dem spaces at rescues. I wouldn’t be alive today if dey hadn’t stepped in n put me in emergency boarding in kennels when my 7 days were up at da pound cos da local rescue had no space for me. So iz duty bound to pick a songy by her n I chooses “Where Do All The Angels Go”.



@claptonterrier
Hi Miss Lexie…last week Lady Briar chose a song by Chrissie Hynde of the Pretenders….in a rush today the first thing I thought about Miss Hynde was that she used to be married to Jim Kerr of Simple Minds and so…we are hurriedly linking to “Waterfront” by Simple Minds…”come in, come out of the rain” they sang, how appropriate.




@skye613
Great tune Briar! I try to stay away from repeating an artist but just had to pick this one this week. First ,it has 4 super artists and second because " Love Can Build a Bridge " tells of a love that grows and " You or No One " shows that love between a man and his pup.




@maggietkat
congrats on the Chrissie Hynde tune! I know she works with dog rescues, so I thought I would choose something about the love of dogs. The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band recorded a great song about the love of a man and dog, "Mr. Bojangles".




@diamondbertie
Last linky was won by Briar @wonderwinger with You or No One sung by Chrissy Hynde who as well as talented singer was an animal activist the song is a love song. My choice is Rossini"s Cats Duet by Ann Murray, Felicity Lott and Vladimir Shakin, which is a love song with a difference. Who hasn't been woken up by cats courting?



@djladylexie
Chrissie Hynde was animal activist. She was also romantically involved wiv ay Davies from The Kinks. So we gowin wiv Animal by The Kinks!



An da winner as chosen by @wonderwinger dus be .....................................  @skye163. Yay! Well done me pal. You dus be choosin next time. 

Ere wot Briar saided: My linky selection shall be no 5. All super links but I liked the love linky of this one. 

So it's over to you. Email me: lexie at toxicpenguin dot com or DM me on twitter (@dogstoyevsky) wiv your link suggestion followin on from dis one! You has until 26th October 2014 (gets it to me by 2pm UK time if poss). Oh sometimes I dus accidentally delete em! Heehee. So good idea to type DO NOT DELETE in the title and dussnt forget to send a linky to da video from You Tube!

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow me @dogstoyevsky or #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment