Monday 6 October 2014

Lexie's Chain: The Hundred and Ninety Second Chain


Hello pals! Welcome to week 192 of #lexieschain. So last time was @wotterface wiv I'mGoing Back There Someday  sung by Gonzo from The Muppets. Let  see what we gots dis week:

@maggietkat
Well done with Gonzo singing "I'm going to go back there someday". Each time Mum returns home, it is a shock what has changed. So my link is what would happen if you went back and everything was different with no rhyme or reason. My song is the Pretenders with "City was Gone".




@diamondbertie
@Wotterface won last week with the Muppets song I'm Going Back There Someday, Paul Williams also wrote that, my choice is My Name is Tallulah which he also wrote.




@claptonterrier
Hi Miss Lexie….we see that last week Miss Wyn chose a song from the Muppets Movie….as we like drummers in this house that made us think of Animal, the Muppet drummer…it is said that he was modelled on Keith Moon from the Who and so this week our linky is Pinball Wizard by the Who….but to link it right back to the Muppets we have chosen the version by Elton John who made a famous appearance on the Muppets TV show…




@skye613
Great pick Wynters. So I was looking at the lyrics and reading some & the thoughts I saw were all pertaining to struggling to achieve dreams only to have those dreams fade before reaching the ultimate goal. Sam Cooke sings about those whose dreams have been shattered by their own actions.




@freddie_bt
Watchin da Muppets Statler n Waldorf wemind me of my typist, deys da owiginal gwumpy old men sittin dere moanin in da Stalls. Typist's unbearable if da wadio's on, moanin bout all da music, he likes wot he likes n dats dat. Next Saturday Statler or is he Waldorf will be in da Stalls watchin Underworld live n not moanin, dey will perform our linky COWGIRL coz it's a performance of Dubnobasswithmyheadman to mark da 20th anniversary of its release. Pawently music's jus not wot it used to be, yeah Dad wotever.




@djladylexie
Wyn's winnin song was written by Paul Williams an sung by Gonzo. Annuva member of the muppets was Kermit the frog. The french love eating frogs legs. A famous french electronic music duo wot is pawesome is Daft Punk. Daft Punk collaborated with the also pawesome Paul Williams and produced the song we dus choose wot be Touch.




@cathykeisha
I’ve listened to the winning song. Concats to @WOtterface and this came to mind. FozzieBear is playing guitar and in my choice is about another cartoon bear. I couldn’t find the version I know best, Mary Travers but this is good.




Wyn said: Some excellent choices this week but it came down to two. My Name is Tallulah from the brilliant Bugsy Malone and Sam Cooke's chain gang. We chose Sam Cooke as we like the harmonies and Mom can't hit the high notes of Tallulah. Sam Cooke was actually a song we've heard before ages ago and had forgotten about, so thanks for that link as its bought it back to us. 

So it's over to you. Email me: lexie at toxicpenguin dot com or DM me on twitter (@dogstoyevsky) wiv your link suggestion followin on from dis one! You has until 12th October 2014 (gets it to me by 2pm UK time if poss). Oh sometimes I dus accidentally delete em! Heehee. So good idea to type DO NOT DELETE in the title and dussnt forget to send a linky to da video from You Tube!

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow me @dogstoyevsky or #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment