Monday 1 December 2014

Lexie's Chain: The Two Hundredth Chain




Hello pals! Welcome to week 200 of #lexieschain. Last week was White Rabbit from Jefferson Airplane. Let us see what we gots dis week:

@claptonterrier
Hi Miss Lexie! …but rushed this week…anyhow, last week the song White Rabbit was the winner….so, I have opted to go for an obvious link of songs with animals in the title…and one of our favourites is Barracuda by Heart….familiar to any household who plays Guitar Hero!! 




@bunnersandharvs
So den dat Maggie wos verreee cleva wid dat winning linky last week by Jefferson Airplane's White Rabbit and it gots us thinking about being solitary and going down roads and flying around in airplanes too which also gots us thinking dat if you doing all dat you almost as free as a bird so we decided to go wid Lynyrd Synyrd's Free Bird. Have fun chooosin, Maggie and we hopes evaone has a great week too. 




@skye613
Maggie did win with one of my all time favorite songs " White Rabbit ". Awesome tune of my youth. I did not every record my antics in a diary thank goodness and have read " Nobody's Diary" . Have fun ma pal Maggie! 




@djladylexie
White Rabbit from Jefferson Airplane who later became Jefferson Starship. Members of the band were Grace Slick and Paul Kantner nicknamed The Chrome Nun and Baron Von Tollbooth by David Crosby. Pal Kantner went on to to produce Wooden Ships with Crosby which was recorded by Crosby, Still and Nash.



@diamondbertie
Clever @maggietkat won with Jafferson Airplane - White Rabbit is a clever song that acknowledges Alice in Wonderland and the narcotics. My choice has to be The Beatles' Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds this more than hints at the effects of narcotics.



@smcheetham
Well done Maggie for your win last week. As ever from me a very simple link. I have gone for a rabbits and colour link taking me from White Rabbit to Pink Rabbits by The National who are one of my very favourites this is a live version. Enjoy and have a great week my fellow chainees.



@terenceterrier
larst week da winnin linky be “White Rabbit” by Jefferson Airplane. Yup we likes dat one. Wowser so many different ways we could take dis linky but dis time we not following da bunny path. Corse dis songy be all abowt Alice in Wonderland. Alice n all da uvvers went to da Mad Hatter’s tea party. But da wevva at da moment is very cold n wet so dey wouldnt want to be outside - dey could have it inside in a restaurant. So my linky dis week be “Alice’s Restaurant” by Arlo Guthrie . Some of da younger furs probs neva heard it before. ( PS at 22 mins 30 sec Iz definitely in da running for da longest linky award).




@wotterface
Last weeks winner was Jefferson Airplane with White Rabbit. The only other Jefferson Airplane song we know is Somebody To Love. Queen did a song called the same, so that's our link this week. Queen with Somebody To Love.



An the winner as chosen by @maggietkat dus be @terenceterrier wiv Alice's Restaurant by Arlo Guthrie! Yay well done Tel! Is your turn next time.

Ere wot Maggie said: The winning link is "Alice's Restaurant" by Arlo Guthrie. Such clever animal links, some tunes I have never heard. Pink Rabbit was quite lovely, Beatles are a love of mine, and how could you go wrong with the vocal ranges of Queen. I also love the chains that go through band members. However, I decided to 'feed my head' with the menu from Alice.

So it's over to you. Email me: lexie at toxicpenguin dot com or DM me on twitter (@dogstoyevsky) wiv your link suggestion followin on from dis one! You has until 7th December 2014 (gets it to me by 2pm UK time if poss). Oh sometimes I dus accidentally delete em! Heehee. So good idea to type DO NOT DELETE in the title and dussnt forget to send a linky to da video from You Tube!

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow me @dogstoyevsky or #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment