Monday 5 January 2015

Lexie's Chain: The Two Hundred and Fifth Chain


Hello pals! Welcome to week 205 of #lexieschain. The first chainy of 2015!  An well done to Wyn (@wotterface) for achieving the Chain Champ title of 2014. Ok, so on wiv da show. Let's see what we gots:

@Wotterface
So you won last week with Abba's SOS. If you're using the SOS signal then you need Help. Help! Was a film, single and album by the Beatles (not sure if anyone has heard of them). But we're going to choose "You've Got to Hide Your Love Away" as our link this week. It's from the Help! album but it's a better song.


@terenceterrier
okey dokey. Off da top of my head. if sumwun be sending out a SOS dey needs help so my evvasa kwik linky be “Help” by The Beatles.




@skye613
What a great pawty and DJ Lexie the winner of last weeks chainy with " SOS " by Abba. This actually is something I have researched before. So SOS means.... nothing- nothing at all! My tune this week " Nothing". 




@claptonterrier
Hello Miss Lexie and happy new Chain year…!! Last week you chose a song called SOS by Abba…..SOS is of course a famous shorthand signal requesting urgent help which is often given in morse code….that got us thinking about codes and songs about codes….I am afraid we couldn’t think of many codes which feature in songs but we did find an example of a dress code…No Jacket Required…which, of course, is the name of an album by Phil Collons…he used to be in a band called Genesis so this week I have selected the Genesis song  “Turn It On Again’….a rare moment of toe-tapping pop music from the merchants of Prog!!





An the winner as chosen by me dad .... dus be ....... @skye613. Yay well done me pal. You be choosin next time.

Ere wot the Dad said: All great links. I was torn between Depeche Mode  and Genesis. Oh dear. Dot dot dot dash dash dash dot dot dot - that's SOS in morse #geekdad. Anyhoo, I choose Depeche Mode and Nothing. Well done whoever you are.

So it's over to you. Email me: lexie at toxicpenguin dot com or DM me on twitter (@dogstoyevsky) wiv your link suggestion followin on from dis one! You has until 11th January 2015 (gets it to me by 2pm UK time if poss). Oh sometimes I dus accidentally delete em! Heehee. So good idea to type DO NOT DELETE in the title and dussnt forget to send a linky to da video from You Tube!

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow me @dogstoyevsky or #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment