Monday 2 February 2015

Lexie's Chain: The Two Hundred and Ninth Chain


Hello pals. Welcome to week 209 of #lexieschain. Last week  the winner was me wiv New Order and World In Moshun. Let's see wot appened this week.

@smcheetham
So Lexie you won last week with a song by New Order one of my fave bands. new Order of course were formed following the tragic death of Ian Curtis and the ending of Joy Division. Joy Division have been very influential and much revered of course. Here is probably their best known song Love will Tear us Apart - don't they all look fresh faced in this video. Happy choosing everyone.




@diamondbertie
Last week @djladylexie won with World in Motion by England New Order I'm keeping the theme of football with Football Crazy by Robin Hall and Jimmy MacGregor, I know its old but I could not resist it.






+Terence Terrier
Yor linky larst week woz  New Order wiv World in Motion wot yoo sez be abowt World Cup football. So iz gonna stick wiv da world n football link and my linky iz gonna be “Love Makes The World Go Round” by Perry Como cos he haz da All American Football Team doin da backing.




+Kelso Terrier
Last week we had World In Motion by New Order. When the world is in motion (which I guess is all the time really) it spins. This made me think of a whole load of spinning linkies until I got Dizzy (like a whirlpool...but I'm not choosing Wonderstuff). My link is Dead or Alive with You Spin Me Right Round (Like A Record) BABY!






@wotterface
So last weeks winner was New Order with World in Motion with John Barnes rapping. My link this week is simple. It's someone we're massive fans of in this house  - spoken word/ hip hop artist/ rapper Scroobius Pip showing us how rapping should be done. Dan le Sac vs Scroobius Pip and their very early track "Look For The Woman".







 +MaggieT Kat
Well done Lexie! The lyrics have one repeated phrase "express yourself". That mantra is the title for several songs, but my favorite is from 1970 by Charles Wright and the 103rd Street Rhythm Band.









+De Cunningham
The Lady DJ Lexie wants us to link to a football song. This song is a combination of singing and rap. So in keeping with that theme and considering it is Super Bowl weekend, my link is " Ready or Not". Lauryn Hill is considered one of the first & one of the best to combine rap & song. And I'm always ready for Football!



@claptonterrier
Hello Miss Lexie! Last week you chose a song associated with football….we thought it might be nice to keep the sporting theme going so this week we have chosen a song about baseball..it is a song called “Centrefield” by John Fogerty……it was included in the film Bull Durham, about baseball, and also plays at the Baseball Hall of Fame in the uSA.





An the winner as chosen by ma dad ......  dus be ....... @kelsoterrier. Yay! You be dussin the selecshun next week me pal.

Ere wot me dad said:  I can't decide between all these great links from everyone. This is annoying. How did I get stuck doing this again? The spinning one made me laugh so that is my choice. [Lexie's note: this is not a fix, dad does not know who anyone is I promise]

So it's over to you. Email me: lexie at toxicpenguin dot com or DM me on twitter (@dogstoyevsky) wiv your link suggestion followin on from dis one! You has until 8th February 2015 (gets it to me by 2pm UK time if poss). Oh sometimes I dus accidentally delete em! Heehee. So good idea to type DO NOT DELETE in the title and dussnt forget to send a linky to da video from You Tube!

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow me @dogstoyevsky or #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment