Monday 11 May 2015

Lexie's Chain: The Two Hundred and Twenty Third Chain



Hello pals. Welcome to week 223 #lexieschain. Last week the winner was Briar wiv Ben E King and Stand By Me. Let's see wot we dus gotted.

@sonikebt
Well done @wonderwinger for winning with Ben E King's "Stand by Me". Standing by people, peacefully, to create a fair & equal society for all is important given the result of #GE2015. So my linky this week is "I dreamed a dream" from Les Miserables. 



@terenceterrier
Da bootiful supermodel Briar winned larst week wiv her linky “Stand by Me” by Ben E King n pals Eric C n Phil C. If sumwun is standing by yoo den probs dey are very impawtant in yor life and yoo could say yoo needs dem to get by in life. So my linky dis week is “ You’re all I need to get by” . . I chooses da Cat and Budgie vershun but Iz told dere a vicious rumour circulating dat dey miming to Marvin Gaye n Tammi Terrell . Phew I been waiting weeks to be able to use dis as a linky. I also deddykaytes it to da judge.





@wotterface
Last week's winner was Briar with Stand By Me. Stand By Me is also the name of a brilliant film with a brilliant soundtrack. So I've picked my favourite track from that soundtrack Lollipop by The Chordettes. Pop! Bu bum bum bum...




@skye613
This week my linky is " You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin". On March 25, 2015 Ben E. King's song " Stand by Me " was inducted into the Library of Congress National Recording Registry . Also inducted was this tune. Along with The Doors first album & among others Joan Baez first album. Super selections to Stand by Ben E King. 





@djladylexie
Stand By Me was also the name of a movie wot had the song in it. The movie starred River Phoenix. River Phoenix's bruffa is Joacquin Phoenix who has had a great movie career. One such movie was Walk The Line about Johnny Cash. SO I gowin wiv Walk The Line from da movie of the same name.




An da winner as chosen by Briar ................... be ............................ me! Oh ... well it has been a while! Oh noes wot I gonna dus!?? Dad be in Malta so I'll have to dus it next week.

Ere wot Briar said: My winner is linky number 5, I liked the Phoenix brother movie link and Walk the Line was also another brilliant film. My second place is linky number 2, as a star of the small screen myself I love a good advert.

So it's over to you. Email me: lexie at toxicpenguin dot com or DM me on twitter (@dogstoyevsky) wiv your link suggestion followin on from dis one! You has until 17th May 2015 (gets it to me by 2pm UK time if poss). Oh sometimes I dus accidentally delete em! Heehee. So good idea to type DO NOT DELETE in the title and dussnt forget to send a linky to da video from You Tube!

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow me @dogstoyevsky or #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment