Sunday 17 May 2015

Lexie's Chain: The Two Hundred and Twenty Fourth Chain



Hello pals. Welcome to week 224 #lexieschain. Last week the winner was me wiv Walk The Line from Johnny Cash. Let's see wot we dus gotted dis week!

@maggietkat
Well done Lexie with "I walk the Line" from the movie with the same name. I am a confirmed fan of Ira and George Gershwin who wrote many love songs.. I saw "Embraceable You" performed by a Broadway star in local summer stock theater. It was so full of emotion about love that I chose it for my link.





@diamondbertie
You clever girl winning last week with Johnny Cash singing I Walk The Line, I love that song.
PJ Proby also sang it so my choice this week is Heartbeat sung by PJ Proby




@wotterface
Last week's winner was you with a Johnny Cash song. So, Cash is otherwise known as money. Now, being a dog, I don't understand anything about wages and earning and money so I'd like to get money for nothing and my noms for free so this week's choice is Dire Straits and Money For Nothing. 




@terenceterrier
Larst week Lexie wonned wiv “I Walk The Line” by Johnny Cash. Da record by JC wot always make me laff iz “A Boy Named Sue” . Wiv a name like dat he spent his life telling peeps “I’m a Man” . So for my linky dis week I gives yoo a live vershun ( Tucker style ) of The Who performing dat songy cos it much better than da original track on da My Generation LP.



@borderpup
Last week's winning song was 'I Walk the Line' by the pawsome Johnny Cash. Now, if you watch these shows about motorway cops, you see that in America if they suspect the driver has been drinking they put him through some sobriety tests, including walking in a straight line. He should be able to do this if he is sober! So my linky is 'Milk & Alcohol' by Dr Feelgood.




@cloonfourmegan
Walk the Line was sung by Johnny Cash. We fink cash is important but not as important as other fings like love. So we pick My Love Don't Cost A Thing by Jennifer Lopez as the linky.





@skye613
DJ Lexie did win & the Dad be choosing! Well done pals. Johnny was walking the line. There are many types of lines, a queue , a clothes line , a line of coke or the reins of a horse. Goldfrapp grabs the reins and rides a white horse. Have a great week chainy friends!




@claptonterrier
Hello Miss Lexie…..last week you chose a song called Walk the Line by Johnny Cash….it is a song about a man always doing there right thing to keep his love…well, this made me think about another song about lines which definitely don’t need to be followed….it is White Lines (Don’t Do It)…by Grandmaster Flash and Melle Mel….this is a song about the perils of cocaine (snorted in lines)…definitely not a line to walk….




@sonikebt
Well done Lexie for winning last week's link. We are specially pleased as it give us a chance to link to our most fav song ever. So while Johnny Cash did "Walk the Line", The Blue Nile "Walked across the Rooftops". Our link this week, from that album, is the wonderful "Tinseltown in the Rain" by The Blue Nile. 




An the winner as chosen by me dad dus be ........................... Wotterface (Wyn). At last! Well done me pal!

Ere wot me dad said:  Kifinti (that's hello in Maltese) England! Well, this is hard I must say. All great links. I like the logic of the money link so I'm going with Dire Straits and Money for Nothing. Well done ... and goodnight England! 

So it's over to you. Email me: lexie at toxicpenguin dot com or DM me on twitter (@dogstoyevsky) wiv your link suggestion followin on from dis one! You has until 24th May 2015 (gets it to me by 2pm UK time if poss). Oh sometimes I dus accidentally delete em! Heehee. So good idea to type DO NOT DELETE in the title and dussnt forget to send a linky to da video from You Tube!

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow me @dogstoyevsky or #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment