Sunday 18 October 2015

Lexie's Chain: The Two Hundred and Forty Sixth Chain

Hello pals. Welcome to week 246 of #lexieschain. Last week the winner was Terence wiv Robin Thicke and Blurred Lines. Let's see what we go dis week!


@wotterface
No big explanation for my song this week, just read this...

BBC Article

then listen to my choice of song...




Much better

@wonderwinger
So the handsome @terenceterrier won last week with Robin Thicke and Blurred Lines. This song was written and produced by Pharrell Williams. Pharrell Williams is well known for his song "Happy". The Blurred Lines song got them into trouble with Marvin Gaye's children who sued them as they said it sounded like their father's song "Got To Give It Up". The judge found in The Gaye children's favour so my linky shall be Marvin Gaye's last single that was released whilst he was alive "Joy".




@sonikebt
Last week @TerenceTerrier gave us "Blurred Lines" by Robin Thicke and Pharrell Williams. Now Pharrell is probably best known for his song "Happy" which was remixed, to become "UNhappy" by Woodkid, an artist who we discovered through the chainy.  So our link this week is a song by Woodkid, which Pharrell remixed (albeit not this version) called "I Love You".




@maggietkat
Well done with Blurred Lines! I noticed that Al Jarreau financially backed Robin's first band. This is Al and Dave Brubeck blurring the lines with the innovative 5/4 time signature piece "Take 5". (See what I did? 2 links! Link to Robin himself AND blurred lines!).




Maggie sended dis message: Thanks everyone for their wishes.  I am recovering, but I don't know that Mum will! Here I am sleeping on the back of mom's chair. I haven't done this in over a month.



@skye613
Ma pal Terence is on a Roll! Great tune " Blurred Lines ". So many talented people preforming. Also the song was nominated for a Grammy in the best duo/pop performance category. This category was only added to the Grammys in 2012 . In 2015 my link this week did win this category. This is one that never fails to bring tears to my eyes. So many levels ... So many meanings. Enjoy!




@claptonterrier
Last week Si Terence chose “Blurred Lines” by Robin Thicke. Mr Thicke was famously sued by the family of Marvin Gaye for plagiarising one of his songs for Blurred Lines. Another current singer who was also sued for copyright infringement was Sam Smith. Tom Petty claimed that Mr Smith’s hit “Stay With Me” was like Mr Petty’s song “I wont back down”…he sued and won and was awarded a song-writing credit on Mr Smith’s song…

So this week our link is Sam Smith and “stay With ME”.




@bunnersandharvs
So dat Ter came up wid a grand linky last week wid Blurred Lines. It sure is a paw tapper and it gots us thinking dat bout dem lines bein blurred and confused. It gots us thinking dat if you walk da line in love and life, you will be fine so we going wid an oldie by Johnny Cash called, you gots it...'I Walk the Line'. Why? Because he wrote it about his devotion and love fur his wife June. Der wurnt no lines blurred lines der, no sirrree. Have fun chooosin da linky dis week Ter and happy week to evapawdy.




@djladylexie
Hmmm blurred lines, white lines, the thin blue line, washing lines, walking the line .... lines lines everywhere! Arghhh! I can't see anyfink but lines so that's what I'm going with. I like seein washin on the line especially on a windy day. Shirts billowin in the wind but like Mrs Bartolozzi. Who? Mrs Bartolozzi of course.




An da winner as chosened by Terence dus be ........................................... Skye wiv Christina Aguilera an Say Somfink.

Ere wot Terence said: WOWSER ! Da #lexieschainers came up wiv clever linkies dis week. Lotsa good songies too n I had to listen to dem twice. Got it down to shortlist of 3 but *deep breff n long pawse like wot dey do on da TV results shows* I choose linky numba 5 wot be  A Great Big World/ Christina Aguilera  wiv "Say Something".

Yay well done again Skye! You choosin next week.

So it's over to you. Email me: lexie at toxicpenguin dot com or DM me on twitter (@dogstoyevsky) wiv your link suggestion followin on from dis one! You has until 25th October 2015 (gets it to me by 2pm UK time if poss). Oh sometimes I dus accidentally delete em! Heehee. So good idea to type DO NOT DELETE in the title and dussnt forget to send a linky to da video from You Tube!

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow me @dogstoyevsky or #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment