Sunday 29 November 2015

Lexie's Chain: The Two Hundred and Fifty Second Chain

Hello pals. Welcome to week 252 of #lexieschain. Last week the winner was Sonic wiv My Generation from The Who. So let's see what we gots.

@maggietkat
Congratulations Sonic with My Generation by the Who. That was one of the iconic songs of the 60’s, bringing the youth together. Thinking about iconic songs, it seemed to me that rock and roll can trace its roots back to ragtime.  Scott Joplin was one of the foremost composers of that era. Maple Leaf Rag was his first composition to become popular.





@terenceterrier
Larst week da winnin linky woz The Who wiv “My Generation” . Dis put me in mind of da TV prog The Generation Game wot woz presented by Sir Bruce Forsyth. More recently Brucie presented “Strictly Come Dancing”. One of da current contestants iz Peter Andre. So I gives yoo his songy “Mysterious Girl”.




@skye613
"My Generation" defined a generation filled with turmoil, war , peace marches, civil rights marches, space travel and on and on. Music defined our feelings , actions defined our beliefs. And now we are older and looking back " When We Were Young".





@cloonfourmegan
Well done Sonic for winning with My Generation last week. That song was a hit in 1965 and in that year a new generation was born including the wonderful Shania Twain and so although Shania isn't impressed by much we hope you impressed wiv this Linky.




@djladylexie
My linky does be Phil Daniels. What you say? But how! Well, you woned last week wiv The Who and My Generation. This song was used in their rockumentary or modumentary (heehee) The Kids Are Alright. Prior to The Kids Are Alright, The Whoe released Tommy, the rock opera or mod opera (ha again) which used a sound system known as Quintaphonic sound. From this the quadrophonic sound system was born. Quadrophonic sound uses four speakers. Quadrophenia is another Who album, rock (or mod) opera and later movie that starred Phil Daniels as the lead, Jimmy, a man with four different personalities representing each of the four members of The Who. Quad is four. Blur is four. Phil Daniels appears on the Blur song Parklife. That's me link Parklife from Blur.




An da winner as chosened by Sonic dus be ....................................... @maggietkat wiv ........................ Scott Joplin and the Maple Leaf Rag! Yay, well done me pal, you dus be choosin next week.

Ere wot Sonic said: We haz deliberated and chosen Linky 1. All the links this week were great. We decided to go with something a bit different and really enjoyed the Scott Joplin so chose that.

So it's over to you. Email me: lexie at toxicpenguin dot com or DM me on twitter (@dogstoyevsky) wiv your link suggestion followin on from dis one! You has until 6th December (gets it to me by 2pm UK time if poss). Oh sometimes I dus accidentally delete em! Heehee. So good idea to type DO NOT DELETE in the title and dussnt forget to send a linky to da video from You Tube!

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow me @dogstoyevsky or #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment