Tuesday 29 December 2015

Lexie's Chain: The Two Hundred and Fifty Sixth Chain

Hello pals. Welcome to week 256 of #lexieschain. Last week the winner was Wyn wiv Nathaniel Raetliff and S.O.B. Let's see what we got for the final chainy of 2015:

@sonikebt
Last week's great winning link from @wotterface was Nathaniel Rateliff and the Night Sweats with S.O.B. - a song about struggling with alcohol. Our link this week is about struggling to find love - "Stone Cold Sober" by Del Amitri.




@diamondbertie
Here we are the last chain for 2015  and we all say goodbye to a year with its ups and downs it's tears and laughter. @wotterface won with Nathaniel Rateliffe and the night sweats with S O B. My choice for for the last days of of 2015 is Days by Kirsty Maccoll




@skye613
ohhh the last chainy for 2015! Nathaniel Rateliff is a blues, gospel ,soul ,southern rocker, quite the combo of sound. And the vid for this winning tune appears to be set in a prison. Another southern blues rocking band is Alabama Shakes & they want no fighting at that prison or at the end of our year! Looking forward to the chain in 2016. Thanks to Lexie & Mom for all their hard work.




@claptonterrier
last week was a song by Mr Rateliff and the Night Sweats…it must be furry hot to be sweating in the night….in fact almost 100 degrees we think….so our choice is 96 Degrees in the Shade by Third World…not quite 100 degrees but close…




@cloonfourmegan
Well done Wynter for winning last week with Nathaniel and the Sweats! It has been quite sweaty in this warm December but not as sweaty as the Caribbean where mum once enjoyed dancing to this tune




@bunnersandharvs
So here's to another cleva linky and a big well dun to you Wyn...So we been listening to dat songy and we keeps thinking about a songy called 'Save Me' wot be sung by Aimee Mann. We int sure if it is abowt love or saving hoomans from demselves but we thort dat guy singing about drankin, needed saving.  Happy choosin, Wyn and Happy New Year to all our pals.




@terenceterrier
Larst week Wynn gived uz da winnin linky  “S.O.B.” by Nathaniel Rateliff and the Night Sweats. I tell ya pals if I dussnt win dis week I gonna sob. I gonna whimper n howl. I gonna cry lots. So my linky in antisipawshun be “Crying”. Da original woz by Roy Orbinson but I find dis super vershun by Roy Orbinson wiv K D Lang wot I gives yoo as my linky.




@djladylexie
I never heard this song before but is about drinking your life away after a breakup. So dis week I gonna go wiv There's A Tear In My Beer. What I hear you say? Well, alcohol and break ups seem to create sad songs. So here we have a performer who struggled (and lost) is battle wiv alcohol and sung about a break up wiv alcohol in the lyrics! Who dat? Well it is Hank William of course. As an homage to Hank I have chosen TheThe's version of Tear In My Beer from their album Hanky Panky, dedicated to the country singer.





An da winner as choosed by Wyn ............ dus be ...................................... Megan! Yay well done me pal! You be choosin the first chainy of 2016!!

Ere wot Wyn said: First of all of like to say Merry Crispmouse and a Happy Pig's Ear to all my fellow chainers and a great big thanks to you for doing the chain for another year. 

There were lots of sad songs this week to choose from, my own fault really for choosing a song about break ups and drinking but I decided we can't end the year on a sad so my choice this week is link number 5 because it made Mom laugh out loud as it bought back memories of being at Jerry's Rollerdrome in her teenage years, skating round and falling over. What a saddo! 

So it's over to you. Email me: lexie at toxicpenguin dot com or DM me on twitter (@dogstoyevsky) wiv your link suggestion followin on from dis one! You has until 3rd January 2016 (gets it to me by 2pm UK time if poss). Oh sometimes I dus accidentally delete em! Heehee. So good idea to type DO NOT DELETE in the title and dussnt forget to send a linky to da video from You Tube!

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow me @dogstoyevsky or #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment