Monday 11 January 2016

Lexie's Chain: The Two Hundred and Fifty Eighth Chain

Hello pals. Welcome to week 257 of #lexieschain. Last week the winner was Wyn wiv Hoots Mon from Lord Rockingham. Let's see what we got for the second chainy of 2016.

@djladylexie
Last week Wyn won wiv Hoots Mon. Hoots Mon is scottish for hey there. Now the cockerney for Hoots Mon dus be Oi Oi. One of the great cockerney duos dus be Chas N Dave wot dun lots of cockerney songs some of which was hard to understand. Now one of these was Gertcha which loosely translates into get out of here. So we gowin wiv annuva nonsensical number Gercha from Chas n Dave.




@gd_hattie
I did like the song about the loose moose and I got a thinkin' what I loves more after working hard then going my park being let loose and rolling around in all the smelliest stuff I find and even more when the big puddle is on the field!




@cloonfourmegan
Last week Wynter won wiv the fab Lord Rockingham's X1. We fort to continue the aristocratic theme so we pick Lorde  with Royals. You can call me Queen Bee!




@claptonterrier
last week Wyn won with a song called Hoots Mon….we have an owl that lives near us that goes hoot in his tree…but we think its a bit of a sad song and we think he wishes he could do some nice singing like the other birds…so this week our link is “Lullaby of Birdland” …and we have chosen a version by Ella Fitzgerald.



@skye613
Why i love this game, because i learn something new each time we play. Looking up the meaning of Hoots Mon, I found out that a literal translation means " Hey" so putting on ma thinking cap this is my linky. " Ho Hey" maybe means Ho Hoots Mon, BOL!




@terenceterrier
Larst week Wyn won wiv  da linky “Hoots Mon” by Lord Rockinghams XI. Their previous record woz “Fried Onions”. Dis woz used in a TV advert for Options hot chocolate drink. Corse dere be a group called Hot Chocolate. Becos  Wyn woz da fur wot win lexieschain I give yoo da linky “So You Win Again”




@maggietkat
Well done with the humorous hoots MOn! The predominant instrument in that song is a saxophone. So I thought I would go whole hog saxophones with the group Neclear Whales. My hopes for this year are is good for us regular anipals. I hope you like Fanfare for the Common Man.




@sonikebt
Wyn did win the first chain of the year with "Hoots Mon" which was used in an advert for Maynard's sweets. Reference to the name Maynard can be found in a song by one of our favourite Scottish bands. So instead of chasing loose mooses around our hoose we are being all intellectual and "Sipping down raki and reading Maynard Keynes", Dignity by Deacon Blue.




@izzy_border
I've chosen You Know by Connah Evans. Last weeks song was Hoots Mon. Ynys Mon is Anglesey in Welsh and Connah is an Anglesey boy, furthermore the video was filmed at Newborough beach and forest on Anglesey. So the link is MON!!!




@bunnersandharvs
So da Wyn got cleva wid dat silly magoo of linky last week frum Lord Rockingham barking nonsense. And we says dat sumtimes if we puts da right nonsense together, you might get majik. Well da furry Gordmuther did anyway so our linky dis week is Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo in Cinderella! Have fun choosin, Wyn.




An da winner as choosed by Wyn  ............ dus be ......................................Skye! Yay well done me pal! You choosin next week.

Ere wot Wyn said: Well here we go again with another year of Lexieschain! So I really wanted to pick something I'd never heard before but Mom insisted on choosing Link 5, the Lumineers with Ho Hey. Mainly because she's feeling a bit melancholy as the great David Bowie has gone back to space and this song cheers her up as she used to sing it to Abe when he was tiny "I belong with you, you belong with me, you're my sweetheart". 


So it's over to you. Email me: lexie at toxicpenguin dot com or DM me on twitter (@dogstoyevsky) wiv your link suggestion followin on from dis one! You has until 17th January 2016 (gets it to me by 2pm UK time if poss). Oh sometimes I dus accidentally delete em! Heehee. So good idea to type DO NOT DELETE in the title and dussnt forget to send a linky to da video from You Tube!

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow me @dogstoyevsky or #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment