Monday 8 February 2016

Lexie's Chain: The Two Hundred and Sixty Second Chain

Hello pals. Welcome to week 262 of #lexieschain. Last week the winner was Skye wiv Lone Justice and Shelter . Let's see wots we got this week.

@maggietkat
Well done Skye with Lone Justice's Shelter. I had a chain prepared but I felt that the late great Maurice White of Earth Wind and Fire deserved to be recognized. So my chain this week is EWF's version of "Got to get you into my life" because you gots to have your love in your life before you can be their shelter.




@izzy_border
Loved last weeks winner Lone Justice with Shelter.  Now Shelter was produced by Jimmy Iovine and Steven Van Zandt. Van Zandt was an integral member of Bruce Springsteens band The E Street band and was a friend of Springsteens since childhood.

Van Zandt played on many a Springsteen album but live he is best known for the vocals on Glory Days so here's Glory Days by Bruce Springsteen (Van Zandt's the one with the bandana on!)


















@terenceterrier
larst week pal Skye give us da linky “Shelter” by Lone Justice. I sits n meddytayts n da sumwot obviuss linky  “Gimme Shelter” by da Rolling Stones floats into my head. Dis be a live vershun (of corse) an one wot illystrayts only too clearly wot dat ravages of years of drugs, sex n rock n roll can do to people. Dey seriussly scary lookin n I would run for shelter if I saw dem in da street.






@cloonfourmegan
Last week Skye won with Maria McKee singing with Lone Justice. This made us fink about law and justice and that they may not be the same fing. But we conclude no point fighting the law as this Linky do tell us!





@wotterface
Very quick link from me today as I'm shot on time. From one song called Shelter to another. Birdy and Shelter...







@claptonterrier
Last week Miss Skye won with a song by (one of our favourite bands)  Lone Justice….and this week we have chosen as our linky a song about a man who gets justice served upon him…it’s I Fought the Law and Law Won by the Clash…






@sonikebt
@syke won last week with Lone Justice and "Shelter". As we are writing this it is blowing a hoolie outside so our link has to be "Shelter from the Storm" by Bob Dylan



















 @djladylexie
Skye woned wiv Lone Justice and Shelter. Lone Justice formed in the 1980's and were part of the cowpunk scene. Cowpunk is a mash up of country and punk. Punk rock or punk bands were known for their anti-establishment lyrics and aggressive music style. Postpunk/gothic bands soon followed on the heels of punk. One such band The Cult are one such. In keeping with shelter linky we dus we give you She Sells Sanctuary from The Cult.





An da winner as choosed by Skye dus be ......................... Sonic (@sonikebt)! Yay! Well done me pal you dus be choosin next week.

Ere wot Skye said: Super great links this week, many  legends of music are well represented. So how to choose.... #3 made me laugh, #1 deserves a mention and #5 is beautiful, but as always there can be only one winner. And who could be better than Dylan. My winner this week in #7.

So it's over to you. Email me: lexie at toxicpenguin dot com or DM me on twitter (@dogstoyevsky) wiv your link suggestion followin on from dis one! You has until 14th February 2016 (gets it to me by 2pm UK time if poss). Oh sometimes I dus accidentally delete em! Heehee. So good idea to type DO NOT DELETE in the title and dussnt forget to send a linky to da video from You Tube!

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow me @dogstoyevsky or #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment