Monday 21 March 2016

Lexie's Chain: The Two Hundred and Sixty Eight Chain

Hello pals. Welcome to week 268 of #lexieschain. Last week the winner was me wiv Annie Lennox an Little Bird. Let's see wots we got this week.

@pepperandspot
Last week dear Lexie was very clever with her fab link to that fab
lady Annie Lennox, little bird. That was from a fabulous album "Diva"which in 1992 mum played all the time, and is still a favourite. Annie, was a clever lady and was a member of an iconic band the eurythmics, so our link is back to the Eurythmics and their hit "Sweet
Dreams " with the same titled album.




@diamondbertie
Congratulations @claptonterrier, delighted with your choice, I have to keep the "bird" theme going, my choice is Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep by Middle of the Road, 1971. I know it's before your time , but it's foot tapping, smile making fun.



@claptonterrier
Hello Miss Lexie…last week our winning song was “Little Bird”…..I think that the wren is a very tiny bird…so this week my linky is “jenny Wren” by Paul McCartney….




@skye613
So Sir Clapton picked the DJ Lexie to win with " Little Bird" by Annie Lennox. That little bird has flown the coop but Bowie's little bird can"t. Oh my ! Dodo.




@cloonfourmegan
Last week Lexie won with Annie Lennox and Little Bird. Annie was once in a band called The Tourists who had a hit with this song but we pick the original Dusty version. Dad also do have this as ringtone when Mum ring him! Aaaaah romantic!




@wotterface
Last week the winner was you with Annie Lennox and Little Birds. In the video she had lots of other people pretending to be her so the song we've chosen this week is Dani California by the Red Hot Chilli Peppers because in the video they dress up as lots of other people, see if you know them all...



@terenceterrier
arst week pal Lexie winned wiv “Little Bird” by Annie Lennox.  Bantams be lickle birds of da poultry kind n dey lives in a chicken house at night to keep dem safe. Chicken Shack be a British blues band. So for my linky dis week I gives you their 1969 hit “I’d Rather Go Blind”.

 

@maggietkat
Well done Lexi on Annie Lennox with Little Bird. I became aware of Annie as The Eurythmics in the early Mtv era. Their song, Sweet dReams (are made of this) was released in 1983. The Kajagoogoo album White Feather was also released in 1983 and contained the one hit wonder Too Shy. So my chain is Little Bird-Annie Lennox- Eurythmics-Sweet Dreams-1983-Kajagoogoo-white feather (birds. Get it. Ha!)-Too Shy.



@bunnersandharvs
So we gots us a linky from Lexie's fabydoo of a linky last week frum Annie Lennox's songy  Little Bird and how she wishes she could fly and be released cos she so sad and feels burdened. So, dat makes us think about da songy by The Band 'I Shall Be Released' cos even tho some people is sad and feels burdens and has hardships, our day will come and we will be set free. 



@sonikebt
@Dogstoyevsky won last week with Annie Lennox & "Little Bird". Annie Lennox studied flute at the Royal Academy of Music & was a flautist with the Dragon's Playground early in her career. Now our Auntie is also a flautist & has played in lots of films, musicals and orchestras. However, we have just found out that she also played on the album "Dear Catastrophe Waitress" by Belle and Sebastian. So our link this week is from that album - "Wrapped Up in Books".




An da winner as choosed by me dad dus be ..................  ! 

Ere wot me dad said: I have no choice but to go cheesy, gotta love a bit of cheese right? So Chirpy Chirpy it is! Link 2 is my selection. 

So it's over to you. Email me: lexie at toxicpenguin dot com or DM me on twitter (@dogstoyevsky) wiv your link suggestion followin on from dis one! You has until 27th March 2016 (gets it to me by 2pm UK time if poss). Oh sometimes I dus accidentally delete em! Heehee. So good idea to type DO NOT DELETE in the title and dussnt forget to send a linky to da video from You Tube!

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow me @dogstoyevsky or #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment