Wednesday 27 April 2016

Lexie's Chain: The Two Hundred and Seventy Third Chain

Hello pals. Welcome to week 273 of #lexieschain. Last week the winner was Wyn wiv Kenny Rogers and the First Edition singin Just Dropped In.

@maggietkat
Well done Wyn with Kenny Rogers and "what condition my condition is in". As with any group, there is turnover in personnel with subsequent tryouts. One of the rejects was Karen Carpenter. Karen referred to herself as a drummer who sang. One drummer who praised Karen's playing was Hal Blaine who has played with artists ranging from Frank Sinatra to the 5th Dimension. Blaine was a session musician for a number of Carpenter songs. This one reached #1 on the charts, (They long to be) close to you.




@skye613
I'm afraid my condition is not good this week nor is the world's with the passing of Prince. My link this week is " I wish u Heaven." The world's condition became a bit quieter, a great deal sadder. RIP Prince.



@terenceterrier
Larst week Wynn winned wiv “Just Dropped in” by Kenny Rogers. I fink dat peeps wot just dropped in might use parachutes. Pearl Jam have a songy called “Parachutes” so I gonna use dat as my linky.




@diamondbertie
@wotterface won last week with just dropped in by Kenny Rogers from The Big Lebowski. This movie was produced by the Coen Brothers who also produced the movie Fargo and the two TV series of the same name. These are darkly funny which will appeal to those with a mordant sense of humour yet the main theme music is positively dreamy, at odds with the stories, that is my choice.




@cloonfourmegan
Well what a week this has been for losing some great people. This song sums up what we think of 2016!



@djladylexie
A song about being at the bottom of a bottle I suppose. You could say he was four sheets to the wind. Here's me linky Tom Waits wiv Tom Traubert's Blues (four sheets to the wind in copenhagen).




@sonikebt
@WOtterface won the chain last week with a song from the Big Lebowski which starred Jeff Bridges. Jeff also starred in the Tron films and our link this week is from Tron: Legacy - "Derezzed" by Daft Punk.



An da winner as chosened by Wyn dus be ................................. @sonikebt wiv Daft Punk an Derezzed!Yay! Well done me pal is your turn next week!

Ere wot Wyn said: It was a difficult choice this week and as much as I wanted to go with a Prince or Victoria Wood song, I couldn't choose between the two. So I went for a bit of synth pop instead with Link 6. 

So it's over to you. Email me: lexie at toxicpenguin dot com or DM me on twitter (@dogstoyevsky) wiv your link suggestion followin on from dis one! You has until 1st May 2016 (gets it to me by 2pm UK time if poss). Oh sometimes I dus accidentally delete em! Heehee. So good idea to type DO NOT DELETE in the title and dussnt forget to send a linky to da video from You Tube!

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow me @dogstoyevsky or #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment