Monday 27 June 2016

Lexie's Chain: The Two Hundred and Eighty Second Chain

Hello pals. Welcome to week 282 of #lexieschain. Last week the winner was me wiv Don't It Make My Brown Eyes Blue from Crystal Gale. So let's see what we got this week:

@sonikebt
We going to stick with Lexie's Blue theme this week with The Bluebells and "Young at Heart" which was "interestingly" first recorded by Bananarama. Look out for some well known Scottish faces in the video! (Prob only well known in Scotland tho!).




@icypinklemonade
With all the mentions of blue in the winning link it made me think of "I'm blue (daba dee)" by Eiffel 65. And the chorus just transports me into the middle of a rave! *body thumps with the music*.




@skye613
hohohoh! Lexie's Dad not gonna be happy ! I'm sticking with the color link with one of my favorite tunes & artists. And just have to say thanks to Lexie, her M & D and all who play #Lexieschain. I love this game, learning new music and all ma pals who play.



@maggietkat
Well done Lexie AGAIN with Crystal Gayle's "Don't it make my brown eyes blue". I have a colour 2fer as well today. kT Tunstall hit the charts with her one woman song "Black Horse and the Cherry Tree".




@terenceterrier
arst week Lexie winned wiv “Don’t It Make My Brown Eyes Blue” by Crystal Gayle. Da singer chappie wot woz known as “Old Blue Eyes” woz Frank Sinatra. Dis week we had reffyrendum in da UK n voted to plough our own furrow from now on n do fings our way n not be told wot to do by da bigwigs in Brussels (or earwigs in any uva green vegetable for dat matter). So for my linky I chooses his songy “My Way” n dis vershun be live from da Royal Festival Hall, London, 1971.




@cloonfourmegan
Lexie won last week with Crystal Gayle and Don't It Make My Brown Eyes Blue. We is continuing the brown eyed theme with Van the Man and Brown Eyed Girl. It's a great song to sing and dance to together and we need a bit of that this week.




@diamondbertie
Well done there with Crystal Gayle singing Don't Make My Brown Eyes Blue, I have to offer as my choice the great Billy Holiday with Lady Sings the Blues, many singers have sung this but she in my opinion is the best.



@claptonterrier
Hello Miss Lexie…last week you chose a song by Crystal Gale…its been pretty windy here today too…and now its raining…what next? …how about Earth, Wind & Fire? That will be quite an afternoon I think…




An da winner as chosened by me dad dus be .................................

Ere wot Dad said: my head hurts and my eyes. Colour me blue, brown, black, cherry, more blue and red. I can't possibly decide based on colour so am going for the one that didn't mention colour Earth Wind and Fire - September. That is the winner. Plus they wear outfits of every colour under the sun! Now, please stop winning will you Lexie. I have a boat to finish you know ... stomps off.

So it's over to you. Email me: lexie at toxicpenguin dot com or DM me on twitter (@dogstoyevsky) wiv your link suggestion followin on from dis one! You has until 3rd July 2016 (gets it to me by 2pm UK time if poss). Oh sometimes I dus accidentally delete em! Heehee. So good idea to type DO NOT DELETE in the title and dussnt forget to send a linky to da video from You Tube!

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow me @dogstoyevsky or #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment