Thursday 21 July 2016

Lexie's Chain: The Two Hundred and Eighty Fifth Chain

Hello pals. Welcome to week 285 of #lexieschain. Last week the winner was Skye wiv Walkin in Memphis from Cher. Let's see what we gots this week:

@maggietkat
Well done Skye with Cher covering Walking in Memphis. Mum has been taking care of a hospitalized 92 yo lady until the lady got mad and kicked her out. Mum knows the lady was frustrated and feeling sorry for herself but it hurt mum. My link for the day is also a cover, one that describes regret and depression not unlike her friend. Here is Johnny Cash's version of "Hurt" originally by Depeche Mode.




@diamondbertie
Last week's winner was Skye with Walking in Memphis by Cher, this got me thinking of Memphis the last resting place the "the King" Elvis Presley, but nothing jumped out to me so I thought outside the box and keeping to the theme of walking I remembered Helen Shapiro and she song Walking Back To Happiness, she had a lovely voice shame she did not go further longer.




@cloonfourmegan

Last week Skye won wiv Cher singing Walking in Memphis. Cher was famously married to Sonny but she was also married to Greg Allman. So here he is continuing the walking theme with Ramblin' Man.



@terenceterrier
Larst week pal Skye winned wiv Cher singing “Walking In Memphis”. Weneva I fink of Cher I rememba she woz in da film “The Witches of Eastwick” . She played da part of one of three women wot developed their magical abilities when a devil in human form ( played by Jack Nicholson) moved into their town. So for my linky dis week I gives yoo “Magic” by Coldplay.




@sonikebt
Well done @skye613 for last week's win with "Walking in Memphis" by Cher. We are staying with the walking theme this week with "Walking Wounded" by Everything But The Girl.




@djladylexie
I've decided to do some lateral finkin on dis one and chosen walkin as me feme. Walkin is somfink you do by putting one foot (or two paws) in front of other so you can go from place to place. Waulking on the other paw is the technique of finishing newly-woven tweed. Waulking song. Waulking songs are Scottish folk songs, traditionally sung in the Gaelic language by women while waulking cloth. This practice involved a group of people beating newly woven tweed rhythmically against a table or similar surface to soften it. A lot of people wear tweed when they are out in the country avin walks. Sooooo, ere be my song for walking and waulking! Skye Waulking from Capercaillie an in true Trucker style ere be the live version.



An da winner as chosened by Skye dus be ................................. Sonic wiv Everyfink but the girl an Walkin Wounded. Yay! Well done me pal. Is you next week.

Ere wot Skye said: Almost every paw was walking this week! Great links. Took me a bit to find out it , the winner is link # 5.  Thanks all!

So now is over to you. Email me: lexie at toxicpenguin dot com or DM me on twitter (@dogstoyevsky) wiv your link suggestion followin on from dis one! You has until 24th July 2016 (gets it to me by 2pm UK time if poss). Oh sometimes I dus accidentally delete em! Heehee. So good idea to type DO NOT DELETE in the title and dussnt forget to send a linky to da video from You Tube!

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow me @dogstoyevsky or #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment