Wednesday 24 August 2016

Lexie's Chain: The Two Hundred and Ninetieth Chain

Hello pals. Welcome to week 290 of #lexieschain. Last week the winner was Megan wiph Firework from Katie Perry. Let's see what we gots this week:

@djladylexie
Katy Perry wiv Firework was dis week. Fireworks come in many forms - catherine wheels, roman candles and my particular favourite rockets. So I'm goin with the fireworks theme and an omage to another Kate ... Kate Bush and Rocket's Tail.


@sonikebt
Well done @CloonfourMegan on winning with "Fireworks" by Katy Perry.  Fireworks create "Explosions" by Ellie Goulding.




@skye613
Katy Perry rose to fame on the tide of her first hit " I Kissed a Girl". After trying to be the next Amy Grant, Katy took her music to another genre. One would wonder what her parents thought as they are both preachers. Dusty Springfield sang about parents & preachers also. In 1999 Dusty  was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Melissa sang her most famous " Son of a Preacher Man".




@terenceterrier
Larst week pal Megan winned wiv da linky “Firework” by Katy Perry. Wot to do ? I could go down da Olympic route but dat bin followed many times before n I not wants to be a sheepsie. Righty ho – if you lites firewerks dey frow off lotsa pretty sparks. So for my linky dis week I go for “Sparks” by Coldplay. Tah rah !




@claptonterrier
last week we had the song Fireworks as our winner….I did not know much about that song but on Googling it I found that the video for it was shot in Budapest….there are many wonderful cities that have had songs written about them…but none more so that Paris…so this week our link is “Paris is Burning” by Ladyhawke…




@diamondbertie
@cloonfourmegan won with the topical Firework by Katy Perry. My choice isn't even a song but something I found on YouTube. It's a clip of the start of the movie The Best Of Men, this is the true story of Ludwigg Guttman who was the founder of the Paralympics This brilliant man refused to treat these damaged men as right offs. We are ending the Olympics and in a few days there are the Paralympics.



@maggietkat
Well done with Katy Perry and Firework. I love fireworks so I thought I would go with the light.  Sometimes there are fireworks that are gorgeous but the contrast between the brilliance and dark sky hurts your eyes.  Thus, my choice this week is "Blinded by the Light" by Manfred Mann.





An da winner as chosened by Megan dus be ................................. @Skye613 wiv son of preacher man from Melissa (Dusty Springfield).

Ere wot Megan said: What clever linkys with lots of fireworks and fun. We felt very emotional watching Linky 6 but in the end we picked Linky 3 which was clever but also features our heroine Dusty Springfield and a great version of her song which we hadn't heard before and really liked.

So now is over to you. Email me: lex[dot]dogstovesky @ gmail.com or DM me on twitter (@dogstoyevsky) wiv your link suggestion followin on from dis one! You has until 28th August 2016 (gets it to me by 2pm UK time if poss). Oh sometimes I dus accidentally delete em! Heehee. So good idea to type DO NOT DELETE in the title and dussnt forget to send a linky to da video from You Tube!

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow me @dogstoyevsky or #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment