Friday 5 August 2016

Lexie's Chain: The Two Hundred and Eighty Seventh Chain

Hello pals. Welcome to week 287 of #lexieschain. Last week the winner was Terence wiv Girl from The Beatles. Let's see what we gots this week:

@wotterface
Last week's winner was T with one of the best Beatles songs ever. Mom had to shut her office door and stick her earphones in to have a listen and get shivers up her spine and go all mushy. She loves it.

So then I saw that another artist Mom loves regularly covers Girl in his live show - Serj Tankian. So my pick this week is his song Lie Lie Lie...




@maggietkat
Well done (again) Terence with Girl by the Beatles.  That song is in a minor key so I thought about other girl songs in a minor key. SO, here is another 60's hit in a minor key where "girl you'll be a woman soon" by Neil Diamond.




@claptonterrier
Last week our winning link was a song called “Girl”…and that got us to thinking about girls and women who have inspired famous pop songs….there are very many of these as you might expect…like Billie Jean King and Elton John’s “Philadelphia Freedom” and Christie Brinkley for Billy Joel’s “Uptown Girl”….and Yoko Ono who inspired John Lennon to write “woman”...

but our link this week is the song “My Sharona” by the Knack...Doug Fieger was 25 when he met 17-year-old Sharona Alperin, and the love-at-first-sight inspired "My Sharona," which made Halperin's group, the Knack, one of the most successful one-hit wonders of all time. Today, Sharona is a realtor in Los Angeles, and promotes her listings at her official site, mysharona.com.




@diamondbertie
Last week @terenceterrier won with A Girl, sung by the Beatles,  this girl certainly made an impression, I thought of another girl from that era and Peter Sarstedt sang Where Do You Go To My Lovely. There are loads of tribute to girls songs in that era (late 60s) but I chose this one with its slight French flavour.




@skye613
Just could not resist this one! " Boys" The Beatles, need I say more!




@cloonfourmegan
Last week Tel won wiv Girl by the Beatles. We fort we would keep the insect theme going with Ant Music by Adam and the Ants!




@sonikebt
Great song choice from @TerenceTerrier with "Girl" by The Beatles. John Lennon is quoted as saying this song had a theme about Christianity in it and being tortured to attain heaven. So our link this week is "Losing My Religion" by R.E.M.




@djladyexie
Boys, girls?! Phew where to go. Well Blur of course wiv Girls and Boys! Coz boys like girls who like boys. Teehee.




@wonderwinger
Aha so my good friend Terence won last week with Girl by The Beatles. Just a quick link from me as I immediately thought of this songy on seeing last week's winner. After all girls like boys and boy like girls, but sometimes girls like boys to be girls and boys like girls to be boys. So it obviously had to be Blur with Girls & Boys.  Then once I saw the video it seemed an obvious link with Lexie's humans in Ibiza and all! Rofbol!




An da winner as chosened by Terence dus be ................................. @diamondbertie wiv Where Do You Go To Me Loverly from Peter Sarstedt .

Ere wot Terence said: Wowser! Fanks my pals i gots 9 linkies to judge. I narrowed it down to 3 – numba 3,4 n 7. I listen agin wivout da distrakshun of da videos an I choses *long silence* linky 4 wot be Peter Sarstedt wiv “Where Do You Go To My Lovely”
 
So now is over to you. Email me: lexie at toxicpenguin dot com or DM me on twitter (@dogstoyevsky) wiv your link suggestion followin on from dis one! You has until 7th August 2016 (gets it to me by 2pm UK time if poss). Oh sometimes I dus accidentally delete em! Heehee. So good idea to type DO NOT DELETE in the title and dussnt forget to send a linky to da video from You Tube!

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow me @dogstoyevsky or #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment