Sunday 4 September 2016

Lexie's Chain: The Two Hundred and Ninety Second Chain

Hello pals. Welcome to week 292 of #lexieschain. Last week the winner was me wiph Eurythmics an Missionary Man. Let's see wot we got this week.

@sonikebt
Well done Lexie for winning with "Missionary Man" by The Eurythmics. Dave Stewart, inspired by the performances of U2 & Talking Heads, wanted to write a song which could be performed in an arena setting. The Eurythmics made the crossover to arenas & Missionary Man went on to win a Grammy for Best Rock Performance. U2 hold the most Grammy's in this category & our choice this week is their winning song from 2001 - "Beautiful Day".




@terenceterrier

*bops round room to “Missionary Man” by da Eurythmics* Da logic goes dis way. A Missionary Man talks abowt God n Heaven n Angels n fings. Annie Lennox woz lead singer in Eurythmics. So I chooses track when she woz a solo artist “There Must Be An Angel” (live vershun of corse).




@wotterface
Last week's winner, Missionary Man by the Eurythmics is a song that gives advice, don't mess with the missionary man. So my choice this week is another song with lots of advice. Baz Luhrmann's Everybody's Free to Wear Sunscreen.



@cloonfourmegan
Hello me pal. Well you won last week with fabulous Annie Lennox and Missionary Man. So we choose the very lovely orchestral piece Gabriel's Oboe from the film The Mission.




@diamondbertie
You are clever to win the Eurythmics and Missionary Man, the theme of religion is full of fabulous songs and tunes, here is my choice a God of a different sort. Fire sung by Arthur Brown




@claptonterrier
Hello Miss Lexie…last week you won with a song called Missionary Man…and that got us to think about missionaries…..and we wondered where you might find them….and so this week our link is a song called Africa by Toto…




@skye613
Congrats to Lexie! So the Missionary Man goes and spreads the good word to all the peoples. And what better way to spread the word than with a tune. Mr. Mister would help with that task!




@maggietkat
Well done Lexie with Annie Lennox. I like Annie, but I have had a 24 year old ear worm from her premiere solo album. I hope to never walk on broken glass! What do you drink from glasses? Wine. And of course diamonds are used to score and break glass. My link of the week is Neil Diamond performing his composition, "Red Red Wine".



An da winner as chosened by me dad dus be ................... Clapton wiv Toto and Africa. So you be choosin next week me pal.

Ere wot me dad said: Well, I like the Toto and Africa one very simple and straightforward but the ear worm link was very good so I am going with Red Red Wine, Neil Diamond. Cheers!

So now is over to you. Email me: lex[dot]dogstovesky @ gmail.com or DM me on twitter (@dogstoyevsky) wiv your link suggestion followin on from dis one! You has until 4th September 2016 (gets it to me by 2pm UK time if poss). Oh sometimes I dus accidentally delete em! Heehee. So good idea to type DO NOT DELETE in the title and dussnt forget to send a linky to da video from You Tube!

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow me @dogstoyevsky or #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment