Wednesday 14 September 2016

Lexie's Chain: The Two Hundred and Ninety Third Chain

Hello pals. Welcome to week 293 of #lexieschain. Last week the winner was Maggie wiph Red Red Wine from Neil Diamond. Let's see wot we got this week.

@terenceterrier
Pal Maggie winned wiv da linky “Red Red Wine” singed by Neil Diamond. Red wine can be ruby in colour. Diamond is a precious gem n annuva is ruby. My linky gonna be “Ruby Don’t Take Your Love To Town” by Kenny Rogers and the First Edition. Dis songy abowt an paralysed war veteran. Today be 9/11 when nasty terrorists attacked da USA Twin Towers n there be lotsa peeps still seriously disabled as a result. So I finks abowt dem.




@sonikebt
Well done @MaggieTKat for the win with Neil Diamond and "Red Red Wine". UB40 covered this song without knowing it was by Mr Diamond. UB40 have reggae'd up a few classic songs in their time and our link this week's is their version of "I got you babe" featuring Chrissie Hynde.




@skye613
Congrats to Maggie. Excellent tune & artist, but today I must digress. My link today is to 9/11. Today & everyday we must make our words heard over the silence.





@diamondbertie
@maggietkat won with Neil Diamond singing Red Red Wine my choice is the theme music from the western Red River.



@wotterface
Last week Maggie won with a Neil Diamond song. Diamonds are precious sparkly things that are made under great pressure. So I have chosen a song about pressure by Maximo Park...




@cloonfourmegan
Last week Maggie won wiv Red Red Wine by Neil Diamond. We were finking of other pop stars called Neil and finked of Neil Hannon of The Divine Comedy. So here they are wiv National Express which you need to travel on if you have drunk too much red red wine!




@djladylexie
Neil Diamond sung the original and UB40 sang it too with their unique reggae sound. UB40 were formed by the Campbell brothers. They were sons of folk musician Ian Campbell who was a Scottish folk singer. His band were cunningly entitled the Ian Campbell Folk Group. A member of the group was Dave Swarbrick, one of the world's most well done fiddle players. A famous session musician in his own right, Swarbrick worked on many Fairport Convention albums. I'm choosing a song from Sandy Denny their lead singer Where The Time Goes in honour of the fallen of 9/11. Rest in peace.




An da winner as chosened by Maggie dus be ................... skye!! Yay well done me pal. So you be choosin next week me pal.

Ere wot me Maggie said: I am choosing The Sound of Silence by Disturbed. I feel that this version of one of my most loved songs is very appropriate for 9/11. Thanks to everyone for great tunes. 

So now is over to you. Email me: lex[dot]dogstovesky @ gmail.com or DM me on twitter (@dogstoyevsky) wiv your link suggestion followin on from dis one! You has until 18th September 2016 (gets it to me by 2pm UK time if poss). Oh sometimes I dus accidentally delete em! Heehee. So good idea to type DO NOT DELETE in the title and dussnt forget to send a linky to da video from You Tube!

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow me @dogstoyevsky or #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment