Wednesday 9 November 2016

Lexie's Chain: The Three Hundred and First Chain

Hello pals. Welcome to week 301  of #lexieschain. Last week the winner was Tel with T-Rex and Children of the Revolution.

@diamondbertie
The Children of the Revolution chosen by Terence had me in a real fix, then I thought of the composer Shostakovich a real child of the Russian revolution who composed The Gadfly Suite, the piece Romance is my choice the book and film Reilly Ace of Spies was a real spy who got involved and was murdered during the revolution.




@claptonterrier
last week Sir Terence won with a song by T-Rex….which of course is a dinosaur…so this week our link keeps the lizard theme going and we have picked “Money” by the Flying Lizards….(although I think someone a little more well known wrote the song…).




@wotterface
Last week's chain winner was T with T.Rex's Children of the Revolution. The 1990's indie band The Wannadies covered this song as Ann side for one of their singles so my pick this week is another of their songs, probably their most famous. You and Me Song.




@cloonfourmegan
Last week Terence won with Children of the Revolution by T Rex. Gloria Jones sang with T Rex but before that she sang Tainted Love which was very popular in Northern Soul clubs and then covered by Marc Almond in Soft Cell creating a great 80s synth pop hit. So here it is.




@maggietkat
Well done Terence. Children of the revolution was the anthem of me college years. The Who were anthem bearers for secondary years.  Here is the grown up version of Kids are Alright.




@sonikebt
Well done Tel winning with T. rex and "Children of the Revolution". Now this did get us thinking about other bands that are named after extinct species and found this great song by The Dodos - "Fools"



@djladylexie
Well done Ter wiv children of the revolution. Marc Bolan tragtically died in a car accident. The driver was Gloria Jones, his girlfriend at the time. She met Bolan while performing in the musical Hair which is not about hair at all. So I choosin a song from the musical - Aquarius!



 An da winner wot was decided by Tel .............. was .....................................Maggie! Yay! Well done me pal. You dus choose next week.

Ere wot Tel said: Wowser wot a lotta cleva linkies - some of da songies I noes well n some new to me. It woz a close call between 5 n 7. But Roger Daltrey woz Mum's teenage idol n "The Kids Are Alright" one of her all time favrits so if  I dussnt want my treets wivheld I haz to go wiv Linky 5. 

So now is over to you. Email me: lex[dot]dogstovesky @ gmail.com or DM me on twitter (@dogstoyevsky) wiv your link suggestion followin on from dis one! You has until 13th November 2016 (gets it to me by 2pm UK time if poss). Oh sometimes I dus accidentally delete em! Heehee. So good idea to type DO NOT DELETE in the title and dussnt forget to send a linky to da video from You Tube!

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow me @dogstoyevsky or #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment