Wednesday 30 November 2016

Lexie's Chain: The Three Hundred and Fourth Chain

Hello pals. Welcome to week 304 of #lexieschain. Last week the winner was Clapton wiv God (that is Dog backwards acchewlly) is a DJ by Rollo Faithless. Dog is a DJ ... get it!? Let's see wot we gots this week:

@sonikebt
@claptonterrier winning song last week was "God is a DJ" by Faithless. Well "I am an antichrist" - "Anarchy in the U.K." Sex Pistols



@djladylexie
God is a DJ from Faithless. My link does be singular names. What?! Well .. check it ... I am goin wiv Rolle > Dido > Eminem. Faithless front man is the amazin Rollo. Rollo also has a famous singer sister called Dido. Dido had a hit wivn Eminem an the very sad song Stan.  Dat me linky.





@maggietkat
Well done Clapton with Faithless "I am a dj". This is one of me favorites songs about the gods that Djs can be, "Nightfly" by Donald Fagan.



@terenceterrier
Larst week little pal Clapton winned wiv a linky by da group Faithless wot headlined at da Isle of Wight festival. Dis got me finking abowt islands n moosishuns n songies wot be associated wiv dem. In 1977 da group Wings had a Christmas Numba 1 wiv a songy abowt a bull wot be a rare breed called da Mullock n comes from da Isle of Mull. My linky be " Mullock Entire".

Hangs on a minnit Mum interruptin. WOT ! Err she sez Sir Paul McCartney (who woz plain mister back then) bought High Park Farm in 1966 on da  Kintyre peninsula (wot will be an island if da narrow bit at Tarbert sinks into da sea) n da song rilly a tribute to da Mull of Kintyre. *embarrassed back tracking ears* . My linky be Wings performing "Mull of Kintyre " on da Mike Yarwood Christmas Show 1977 n wiv a lot of peeps playing bagpipes n drums.






@wotterface
Last week Clapton won with the dance classic by Faithless, God is a DJ. Faithless did another song about not being able to sleep, Insomnia. This reminded me of another song about not sleeping, Arcade Fire's Rebellion.



@diamondbertie
I had to think religion so my mind switch to Son of a Preacher Man I originally heard it by Dusty Springfield but searching YouTube I found a better version by Aretha Franklin.



@cloonfourmegan
Last week Sir Slowhand Clapton won with Faithless and God is a DJ. Well if he is then it's no wonder Last Night A DJ Saved My Life.




@sky613
Great choice, Sir Clapton! Couldn't resist this one. If " God is a DJ" , then it gets personal and music saves us all! My linky this week, "Personal Jesus"  Rock on pals!




An da winner as chosen by ..................Clapton ............... dus be ..................Maggie! Yay! Well done me pal you dus be choosin next week.

Ere wot CT said: Hello there Miss Lexie. What a lot of very good links we have had this week. However, I think someone out there in Chainyland knows us too well and has picked one of our favourite songs by one of our favourite artists…well, when I say “we” i really mean accident blackspot @terriertypist…and so our winner this week is link 3 and “Nightfly” by Donald Fagan…*jazz paws*.

So now is over to you. Email me: lex[dot]dogstovesky @ gmail.com or DM me on twitter (@dogstoyevsky) wiv your link suggestion followin on from dis one! You has until 4th December 2016 (gets it to me by 2pm UK time if poss). Oh sometimes I dus accidentally delete em! Heehee. So good idea to type DO NOT DELETE in the title and dussnt forget to send a linky to da video from You Tube!

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow me @dogstoyevsky or #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment