Tuesday 15 November 2016

Lexie's Chain: The Three Hundred and Second Chain

Hello pals. Welcome to week 302 of #lexieschain. Last week the winner was Maggie wiv Da Who and The Kids Is Alright. Let's see wot we gots this week:

@skye613
Congrats Maggie! The Kids are Alright , I wonder about the parents. Sticking with kids & live, my link this week is " Teach Your Children" covered by Kathy Mattea, Alison Krauss & Suzy Boggus. This was performed at the White House. Peace.


@cloonfourmegan
Last week Maggie won with The Kids Are Alright by the Who. What a week it has been and we have to mark the passing of the irreplaceable Leonard Cohen following the theme of The Who with Who By Fire with the very pertinent lyrics Who in Mortal Chains Who in Power?



@terenceterrier
Larst week pal Maggie winned wiv "The Kids Are Alright" by The Who. Dis woz originally on da My Generation LP. Dis takes me niftily to my linky wot be "Alright Now" by Free cos it be enjoyed by same same generation of kids wot heard da original Who songy n it share da Alright werd. Cos it be Remembrance Sunday I remembas  Tucker who be a sadly departed lexieschain Champion n gives yoo a live vershun cos he luvved to do dat. Dis vershun woz recorded at da Isle of Wight Festival in 1970.



@wotterface
Last week's winner was The Who's The Kids Are Alright. The first line of that song is about watching your girl dance with other men and this song is about seeing someone you loved dancing with other people too. It's Robyn with Dancing on my Own.




@sonikebt
Well done @MaggieTKat winning the link last week. If the "The Kids are Alright" get your dancing shoes (& hats) on because the everything's gonna be alright. "It's alright" by East 17.




@djladylexie
Well done Maggie! My linky does be Everybody's Talkin' from Midnight Cowboy sun by Harry Nilsson. Why? Well, The Kids are Alright from The Who. The Kids Are Alright was also a 1979 rockumentary about the band. A week after the first rushes, Keith Moon, drummer in The Who died from an overdose. Eerily, Moon died in the very same flat that Cass Elliott also died in. The flat was owned by Harry Nilsson who believed the flat was cursed.





An da winner wot was decided by Maggie.............. is .....................................Terence! Yay! Well done me pal. You dus choose next week. (Ed: Might have to start calling this Tel's Chain BOLBOL - miss you Tucker!)

Ere wot Maggie said: I have an impossible task this week. Teach your children shows Mrs Clinton smiling ages ago before her losing battle this past week. Next, the passing of Leonard Cohen is near and dear to my heart. Finally, losing Tucker is never far from my mind.  Honorable mention is the Nilsson link. (He was HOT in the day!) I chose " Alright Now" by Free in Tucker's honor. Cheers dear corgi link master.

So now is over to you. Email me: lex[dot]dogstovesky @ gmail.com or DM me on twitter (@dogstoyevsky) wiv your link suggestion followin on from dis one! You has until 20th November 2016 (gets it to me by 2pm UK time if poss). Oh sometimes I dus accidentally delete em! Heehee. So good idea to type DO NOT DELETE in the title and dussnt forget to send a linky to da video from You Tube!

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow me @dogstoyevsky or #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment