Tuesday 20 December 2016

Lexie's Chain: The Three Hundred and Seventh Chain

Hello pals. Welcome to week 307 of #lexieschain. Last week the winner was Megan wiv Horsey song whose name I can't remember (BOLBOL see what I dun there). Let's see what we gots this penultimate chainy week:

@maggietkat
Well done Megan with America's Horse with no name. I decided to look for bands whose names are countries. My pick is not quite countries, but their hit is all about "Down Under". Here is the video by Men at Work.




@skye613
Prepare to take a walkabout wif me. So Megan won with "A Horse With No Name". That is sad, he had no name. This dog has a name. In 2015 a documentary film was released entitled " A Dog Named Gucci "  This is the story of a dog & the man who saved him from being badly abused. It also chronicles the 7 year-long crusade to change & enforce stricter penalties for animal abuse. " One Voice " was written by Ruth Moody of The Wailin' Jennys and included in the film.




@claptonterrier
Hello Miss Lexie…last week our winner was a song by the band America….we tried hard to think about songs about horses and about bands named after countries but we drew a bit if a blank…and then we realised that the band America was full of young Americans…and so our link this week is to David Bowie and his song “Young Americans”.




@terenceterrier
Larst week pal Megan winned wiv da linky "A Horse With No Name".  Dat mean da hoss be nameless *logical ears* . Luckily for me there a group called Nameless so I choose for my linky their track called "Butterfly" cos it be a happy bop along songy.




@bunnersandharvs
So congrachoolashuns Megan fur da winnin linky 'Horse with no name' sung by America. We wos thinking we dus luv horses and dat old Mum did luv da groop America too. So whur we going wid a linky... Well, if dat horse didn't have a name, it must have been wild too which gots us thinking about da songy 'Wild Horses' by da Rolling Stones so we using it as our link dis week cos we been listenin to der new songy 'Just your fool'. So der you has our linky fur da week.




@diamondbertie
@maggietkat won with save a horse by Big and Rich. My choice this time is ALMOST withering a western theme. It comes from the film The Blues Brothers where they are singing Rawhide. The critics panned this film but the public liked it regardless.




@sonikebt
Well done @CloonfourMegan winning the link with "A horse with no name" This week we have chosen as our link a horse that is a name - Horse McDonald with (gets the mistletoe  ready) "So, kiss me".



@djladylexie
Horsies are still da feem. Well me usin a riddle for me linky. What horses can you ride that have no riders, no reins and no saddles? White horses .. thems is the crest of waves dussnt you know! Well here me song wot mum used to sing in her head when she rode her virchewal horse (a broomstick wiv mop an wheels) wot her inventive (but poor) dad made er instead of the real fing.




An da winner as chosen by ................. Megan ............... dus be ..................oh! piffle is me! grrrr still dat mean me dad gets to choose the last chainy of 2016 ... he will be so happy teehee.

Ere wot Megan said: Wot brill linkys this week. Very difficult to choose. There be lots of horses which make me a bit nervous but makes mum happy. We very moved by Linky 2 but in the end couldn't resist Linky 8 which also takes mum back to her childhood. Neigh!

So now is over to you. Email me: lex[dot]dogstovesky @ gmail.com or DM me on twitter (@dogstoyevsky) wiv your link suggestion followin on from dis one! You has until 25th December 2016 (gets it to me by 2pm UK time if poss). Oh sometimes I dus accidentally delete em! Heehee. So good idea to type DO NOT DELETE in the title and dussnt forget to send a linky to da video from You Tube!

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow me @dogstoyevsky or #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment