Wednesday 1 February 2017

Lexie's Chain: The Three Hundred and Thirteen Chain

Hello pals. Welcome to week 313 of Lexie's Chain. Last week the winner was me wiph Sting and Moon Over Bourbon Street. Let's see what we gots this week:

@maggietkat
Well done Lexie! When I think of Interview of a Vampire, I try not to remember the absolutely horribly played Lestat by Tom Cruise. There is an adorable Tom in a very early film Risky Business. This is Tom dancing to Bob Seeger's Old Time Rock and Roll.




@terenceterrier
Larst week our favrit DJ Lexie winned wiv "Moon Over Bourbon Street" by Sting. Sting started off in a group called Police. One of their hits woz " Message In A Bottle". Wot sorta message duss yoo fink mite be innit? Well if it wos frown in da sea by a fur marooned on a desert island probs it would say "Rescue Me" . So for my linky dis week I gives yoo Madonna n "Rescue Me".




@claptonterrier
ast week your song was “moon Over Bourbon Street”…and of course Bourbon is a drink…and to be classed as bourbon that drink has to be made in Kentucky….so this week our link Is “Blue Moon of Kentucky”…sung here by Patsy Cline…




@cloonfourmegan
Last week Lexie won with Moon Over Bourbon Street by Sting. Sting was originally in The Police. We like jolly policemen so we pick this laughing one.




@skye613
So hmmm Lexie's Dad be choosing. Well, Bourbon Street is in New Orleans as we all know. In August of 2005, New Orleans was devastated by hurricane Katrina. To this day the recovery is not complete. In Oct-Nov 2005, many musicians contributed to an album to benefit The American Red Cross, Habitat for Humanity and MusiCares to aid the citizens of New Orleans & the Gulf Coast.  As Elton sings " I'm Still Standing " which is included in  the album- New Orleans is still standing! Laissez les bon temps roulez !




@daisy_dor
Congrats Lexie on da winnings last week. Me link this week be a tad tenuous but me not care cos it get me to me favourites. As well as being a solo artist, Sting was a member of The Police so he was a Policeman (well sort of). In da song Suburbia by Pet Shop Boys der are da lyrics "where's a policeman when you need one ...". So der we has it, my link dis week is Suburbia by Pet Shop Boys.




@sonikebt
Well done @djladylexie winning with "Moon over Bourdon St" by Sting. This week we have picked a song about the moon which was also in a movie. We mainly chose it because it reminded us of our boy practising for his Grade 2 violin exam. We would like to say they were happy memories but put us off violins for life !!! Our link is "Moon River" sung by Audrey Hepburn from Breakfast at Tiffany's.



An da winner as chosen by ................. me dad dus be ........... Maggie! Yay well done me pal.

Ere wot me dad said: Nice links. Got to agree with number 1 Tom Cruise was AWFUL in that movie. So I'm going with No 1. Well done everyone. Love .... the Dad.

So now is over to you. Email me: lex[dot]dogstovesky @ gmail.com or DM me on twitter (@dogstoyevsky) wiv your link suggestion followin on from dis one! You has until 6th February 2017 (gets it to me by 2pm UK time if poss). Oh sometimes I dus accidentally delete em! Heehee. So good idea to type DO NOT DELETE in the title and dussnt forget to send a linky to da video from You Tube!

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow me @dogstoyevsky or #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment