Tuesday 7 March 2017

Lexie's Chain: The Three Hundred and Eighteenth Chain

Hello pals. Welcome to week 318 of Lexie's Chain. Last week the winner was Daisy wiv The Beautiful South and Don't Marry Her. Let see what we gots this week:

@maggietkat
Well done with "don't marry her" by Beautiful South. That song was on the album Blue is the Colour. I got thinking about spurned love and colors and remembered an classic. This song has it going for it,  "Don't it make my brown eyes blue" by Crystal Gayle. There are gratuitous backside shots of her hair.




@cloonfourmegan
 Last week Daisy had her first win (yay) with the Beautiful South Don't Marry Her. As we probably all know Paul Heaton their lead singer was also lead singer with Hull pop combo The Housemartins. One of their biggest hits was a Caravan of Love but this was a cover so I give you the original by the Isley Brothers plus one.



@claptonterrier
last week Miss Daisy won with a song about the beautiful South….we like this song about a part of the beautiful south of the USA (see what we did there?)…it name checks a lot of places….and is song about going home to a place in Alabama… So this week, our link is “Alabama Pines” by Jason Isobell & The 400 Unit.




@skye613

Keeping the matrimonial theme going. What you say, when they say no.. Gonna Marry That Girl!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIh2xe4jnpk

@diamondbertie
@daisy_dor won with The Beautiful South singing Don't Marry Her, I did not know this song and the film was so touching, my choice this week is keeping to the theme of marriage with Peggy Seeger singing The Housewife's Alphabet.



@terenceterrier
Larst week young Daisy clocked up her furst chainy win with "Don't Marry Her" by Beautiful South. I went owt to da garden wiv my tennis ball hoping inspawrayshun would strike. But it clouded over n piddled down so rain stopped play. Then I remembas dat Cliff Richard sang when rain stopped da tennis play at Wimbledon wot be in da bootiful sowf of England. If da man in da linky didn't marry da girl then he be a batchelor. "Batchelor Boy" woz a hit for Sir Cliff n woz one of da songies he sung n famuss tennis peeps joined him as his backing group. My linky be a YouTube mix called "Cliff Richard at Wimbledon part 1" n yoo needs to go to da 12 minnit mark to find it.




@sonikebt

Congratulations @daisy_dor for your first winning link with "Don't Marry Her" by the Beautiful South. Paul Heaton was previously in the Housemartins with Norman Cook aka Fat Boy Slim. Our link this week is a Fat Boy song which was co-written by the funk legend Bootsy Collins and has some brilliant Christopher Walken dancing in the video by Spike Jonze .- "Weapon of Choice".




@djladylexie
The Beautiful South was set up by two band members from The Housemartins. House martins are achewlly birds don't you know. Birds don't tend to get married mainly because of them not being able to get little dresses and suits to fit heehee. Seriously though! They may not get married but lots of birds pair for life. Once such bird is the Albatross. No matter how far away they fly from each other, they always come back to the same partner, in the same place. As an omage to this great bird,I give you my chainy wot dus be. Albatross, Fleetwood Mac.





An da winner as chosen by ............... Daisy ...................... dus be ............................. oh piffle shadiffle ..................................... is me! Dad gonna be humpity!

Ere wot Daisy said: Wow, what great linkies. A couple of songs what I was not familiar with, so fankoo for expanding me horizons and giving me new peeps to add to me playlists.

It was a close run thing between linkies 4, 6, 7 & 8 and as I couldn't make up me minds I called upon independent arbitrators in the shape of me humans. Fat lot of good that was as they each picked a different link (which proves me point that humans are about as much use as a chocolate fireguard). So leaving the final choice between their two runners and riders down to me, the winner this week is ....... linky 8 because the idea of likkle suits and dresses for birds made me BOL.

So now is over to you. Email me: lex[dot]dogstovesky @ gmail.com or DM me on 12th March 2017 (gets it to me by 2pm UK time if poss). Oh sometimes I dus accidentally delete em! Heehee. So good idea to type DO NOT DELETE in the title and dussnt forget to send a linky to da video from You Tube!

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow me @dogstoyevsky or #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment