Tuesday 11 April 2017

Lexie's Chain: The Three Hundred and Twenty Third Chain

Hello pals. Welcome to week 323 of Lexie's Chain. Last week the winner was Skye wiv Tiger Mount Peasant Song from Fleet Foxes. REMEMBERS! CHANGE TO DEADLINE NOW MONDAY NOT SUNDAY COZ MUM USELESS. Let see what we gots this week:

@maggietkat
Well done with Skye boat Song. Bertie described the song about the devastation of the Scots. I got to thinking about how 2 countries on the island of Great Britain could fight. I remembered the American Civil war. I have a negro spiritual about boats and war from that period, found by a music historian and recorded in the 1950's.  I chose Pete Seeger for this version and please sing along with "Michael Row the Boat Ashore".




@terenceterrier
Larst week Uncle Bertie winned n give us da Skye Boat Song by Kenneth McKellar. Dis be abowt da escape of Bonnie Prince Charlie to da Isle of Skye in a lickle sailing boat from da English forces. For my linky I going wiv annuva Scottish singer Rod Stewart n his song " Sailing" . I also keeping wiv da war theme n giving yoo da video of HMS Ark Royal.




@cloonfourmegan

Last week Bertie won with the very moving Skye Boat Song. We keep the theme of Celtic boat with The Irish Rover sung by the Pogues. Not as sad ... except where "the poor old dog was drowned"!




@sonikebt
Well done @diamondbertie for winning with "Skye Boat Song". We are sticking with the boat theme this week. Our choice is a song about living a simple, honest life with "Dignity" by Deacon Blue.




@djladylexie
Well done Bertie wiv Skye Boat Song wot relates to the escape of Bonnie Prince Charlie who escaped to the Isle of Skye after defeat at Culloden. Considered a tragic hero of Scotland he has stood the test of time through history. I'm using Scottish heros as me feme this week and goin wiv one of me favourites Rob Roy. Rob Roy was made into a movie cunningly entitled Rob Roy. The soundtrack features Karen Matheson singer from the band Capercaillie. They also did a songa bout Skye Waulking (which is beating tweed).




@skye613
Why I love Lexieschain? Because I always learn something new! Did not know there was an island named after Me! And did you know that the common goldeneye is found on the Isle of Skye? My linky this week is Tina Turner & the theme from Goldeneye! Enjoy.




An da winner as chosen by ............... Bertie ...................... dus be ............................. oh ......... guess who! Yep ... me! Haha dad will be choosin.

Ere wot Bertie  said:  I've made my choice, a difficult one because all the links were lovely, I've settled for Skye Waulking Song by Capercaillie, I did not know it and I played it again and again. The song captures the culture of the islands, the haunting melody just caught the imagination of these islanders making the fabulous tweed they are famous for.

So now is over to you. Email me: lex[dot]dogstovesky @ gmail.com or DM me on MONDAY 17th April 2017 (gets it to me by 10am UK time if poss). Oh sometimes I dus accidentally delete em! Heehee. So good idea to type DO NOT DELETE in the title and dussnt forget to send a linky to da video from You Tube!

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow me @dogstoyevsky or #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment