Wednesday 31 May 2017

Lexie's Chain: The Three Hundred and Thirtieth Chain

Hello pals. Welcome to week 330 of Lexie's Chain. Last week the winner was Maggie wiph Smokey and Tears of a Clown. Lets see what we gots this week:

@claptonterrier
Hello Miss Lexie….last week our winner was Tears of a Clown…..we do not like to think of sad clowns….that is not what clowns are for…so this week we have selected a more upbeat song about a Clown…..it is Clown Strike by Elvis Costello…..




@skye613
Congrats to Maggie! So this tune got me thinking about other songs that have been covered in a different genre. Couldn't resist this one. The wonderful " Downtown " from Petula Clark in 1970's disco style by the great B-52's. Enjoy!




@terenceterrier
Wowser Maggie duss be on a roll ! Her winning linky be Smokey Robinson n "Bring In The Clowns" . There be lotsa famuss clowns. My favrit be Pierrot. So my linky be "Pierrot The Clown" by Placebo. I goin wiv a live vershun from M6 Private Concert in 2006.




@cloonfourmegan
Last week Maggie won wiv Tears of a Clown. We are a bit scared of clowns and this made us fink of an even more scary scene in Reservoir Dogs wiv lyrics 'clowns to the left of me' so we chooses Stuck in the Middle With You by Stealers Wheel.




@diamondbertie
Well done @maggitkat, your winning choice by The English Beat  - Tears of the Clown immediately got me thinking of On With The Motley from Pagliacci but I knew it wouldn't win. Much head scratching later I've come up with You Are So Vain by Carly Simon.




@djladylexie
Clowns ... always making people laugh but sad inside. No matter wot them feels, they know, the show must go on. Leo Sayer, The Show Must Go On.




An da winner as chosen by ............... Maggie ...................... dus be .............................. Skye! Yay! You choosin next week me pal.

Ere wot Maggie said:  Well done everyone! My choice is the B52s.version of Downtown.  Why? I think I will have fun getting the next link!

So now is over to you. Email me: lex[dot]dogstovesky @ gmail.com or DM me on Monday 5th June 2017 (gets it to me by 10am UK time if poss). Oh sometimes I dus accidentally delete em! Heehee. So good idea to type DO NOT DELETE in the title and dussnt forget to send a linky to da video from You Tube!

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow me @dogstoyevsky or #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment