Thursday 8 June 2017

Lexie's Chain: The Three Hundred and Thirty First Chain

Hello pals. Welcome to week 331 of Lexie's Chain. Last week the winner was Skye wiph Downtown from B52s. Lets see what we gots this week:

@maggietkat
Well done with "Downtown".  The lyrics say to listen to a bossa nova and soon you will be dancing. Here is a classic bossa nova by Sergio Mendez and Brazil 66, "Mas Que Nada".




@cloonfourmegan
Last week Skye won wiv B52s covering Downtown. We liked the B52 collaboration with R.E.M. Shiny Happy People. But we pick R.E.M. s great Everybody Hurts ... take comfort in your friends





@diamondbertie
I remember Petula Clarke's version at that time, the song referred to towns, bright lights and people.  Going on my time machine I found San Francisco by Scott McKenzie, I visited this magical city many times and this song takes me back




@sonikebt
Downtown by B52s was a great winning link from @syke613 . We have gone uptown this week with our link, also with a cover version. Our link is "Uptown funk" by ..... the Minions




@terenceterrier
Larst week da linky woz "Downtown " by the B 52s. Their name be taken from an aircraft wot be a big bomber. So I look for annuva group wiv a name connected to aviation n choose Jefferson Airplane. For my linky I choose "Someone To Love" and use da live vershun from Woodstock 1969.




@daisy_dor
Congrats to Skye wiv da win last week wiv da B52s version of Downtown. The B52s did also cover Paperback Writer by The Beatles for a car commercial, but to be honest we does prefer da original so we move back from covers to original this week...




@djladylexie
Down town or from Petula Clark. Lovely song that. My linky is Bananas. What!? Petula Clark featured on the compilaton album Nostalgia Goes Bananas. Petula Clark and Harry Belafonte sang a song together called On The Path Of Glory where, ridiculously, a visiting executive from Chrysler objected to their "interracial touching" whereupon they ensured all other takes of the song were destroyed to assure that the touch woud be included! Now that really is bananas! But me linky doesn't stop there coz I am sure you know of the great Harry Belafonte hit song Banana Boat Song. So there we go - Bananas!



An da winner as chosen by ............... Skye ...................... dus be .............................. Sir Tel! Yay! You choosin next week me pal.

Ere wot Skye said:  Great links all! In this time that we are living in, I believe that Love is the only thing that is going to save us. Links #3, 5 and 6 all had ma paws tapping. This week we all need somebody to love. Winner is #5. And with a nod to Tucker, it's live! 

So now is over to you. Email me: lex[dot]dogstovesky @ gmail.com or DM me on Monday 12th June 2017 (gets it to me by 10am UK time if poss). Oh sometimes I dus accidentally delete em! Heehee. So good idea to type DO NOT DELETE in the title and dussnt forget to send a linky to da video from You Tube!

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow me @dogstoyevsky or #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment