Thursday 24 August 2017

Lexie's Chain: The Three Hundred and Forty Second Chain

Hello pals. Welcome to week 342 of Lexie's Chain. Last week the winner was Megan wiv I Talk To The Trees by Clint Eastwood. Let's see wot we gots this week:

@maggietkat
Well done with Clint Eastwood croaking I talk to the trees. Eastwood's ability to sing has never been contested as not so good. I thought about other stars who can't sing. One of the most distinguished composer/singer is Leonard Cohen. Here he is growling out his most revered number, Hallelujah.




@diamondbertie
Last week Megan won with Clint Eastwood singing I Talk to the Trees from the film Paint Your Wagon. My choice is Rawhide from the film Blues Brothers. Why?  I remember Clint Eastwood in the western series Rawhide which the gripping theme hilariously reproduced in The Blues Brothers.




@claptopnterrier
Hello Miss LExie…last week our winner was a song by Clint Eastwood…he was a cowboy imagined by Hollywood…so this week our linky is a song about cowboys but this time imagined by Tin Pan Alley…or what ever the Los Angeles equivalent of Tin Pan Alley is…its “Desperado” by the Eagles.




@skye613
So today's linky is following Clint Eastwood. Sure didn't know that he was as accomplished as he was musically. Oscar nominations for several scores he wrote. But we are focusing on his directing skills. Eastwood directed the movie Jersey Boys. The film was an adaptation of the Broadway musical about the Four Seasons. Enjoy "Oh, What a Night".




@terenceterrier
Clever clogs Megan winned wiv da linky "I talk to the trees " sung by Clint Eastwood . Our furst memories of him woz when he woz da character Rowdy Yates in da TV series "Rawhide" . It started in 1959 n woz fillumed in Arizona. For my linky I going wiv a songy abowt annuva singing cowboy from Arizona wot woz released as a single in 1959. I pawroudly presents yoo wiv "Ragtime Cowboy Joe" by The Chipmunks. Go Alvin !




@djladylexie
I like trees. They dus give good shade in the summer an then in the autumn you can play in their leaves wot dus rustle an has little creatures living in em wot I can chase. Autumn is a lovely time of year init? So, here me favourtest song wot talks of autumn. It has always ad two meanins of course, the loss of someone you love.




@sonikebt
@CloonfourMegan's winning song last week was "I talk to the trees" sung by Clint Eastwood. This song comes from the musical Paint Your Wagon by Lerner & Lowe. Our link this week comes from Lerner & Lowe's first film adaptation, Brigadoon with a version sung by Frank Sinatra - "Almost like being in love.




An da winner as chosen by ............... Megan   ...................... dus be  .............................. oh pantaloons!! ..... is me again piffle! Dad choosin then oh dear he will be happy teehee.

Ere wot me Megan said: Wot a great range of linkys this week. Everyone do have had excellent finking caps on.  Mum do be big fan of musicals so was good to see a few of those. We does like cowboys too. But in the end we chose Linky 6 cos it be nearly autumn and we lubs trees and Moody Blues be Dad's favourite group!

So now is over to you. Email me: lex[dot]dogstovesky @ gmail.com or DM me on Monday 28th August 2017 (gets it to me by 10am UK time if poss). Oh sometimes I dus accidentally delete em! Heehee. So good idea to type DO NOT DELETE in the title and dussnt forget to send a linky to da video from You Tube!

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow me @dogstoyevsky or #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment